𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴅʀɪʙʙʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴏʟʏ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ.

—— • ° ☽ ★ ☾ ° • ——

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 —
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴅʀɪʙʙʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴏʟʏ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ.
ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ — ᴏᴍᴇɴꜱ

—— • ° ☽ ★ ☾ ° • ——

FIRE DANCED IN
the far distance like a sun that was slowly sinking down the sky to let the moon have its time, bright orange flames flickering back and forth against the pale blue horizon. East Anglia was burnt to the ground in a sea of flames, and Freyja's was sure the Dane's who took it were more than celebrating this very moment.

She stood at the edge of the hill where terrain grew steep and uneven, and as she looked down the open field of grass that led towards the beginning of trees and even further towards uncharted land, she felt on top of the world.

Freyja took in a deep breath, welcoming the warm air that scattered across the night. Her eyes flicked up towards the sky where the sun was setting a deep orange against the clouds and behind her was the moon, only just having the limited time with its lover before they were forced apart.

The curse of the sun and the moon was always a story that intrigued her. A sad lustful tale of two people fighting for even just a glimpse of each other before the universe ripped them apart. There were times, rare times when the sun and the moon were able to cross paths and finally meet, but it was only for a short moment in time before they were once again set on track.

Footsteps slowly crushed the earth below as a presence ever so silently joined her side. From the corner of her eye, Freyja found her brother, his gaze fixed ahead on the flames, the warm, pale glow of dusk lighting half of his face.

Instinctively, her hand reached out in search for his comfort and soon the tips of her fingers found his waiting hand. She gripped his palm, feeling him squeeze her hand as a silent way of saying that he was there, that he wasn't leaving anytime soon.

With their family perished in the flames and young Ragnar somewhere oversea, all they had left were eachother, and that is how it will be from now on.

Uhtred looked long and far across the valley towards the flames that created a beacon of their future. "Ravn used to say - never fight Ubba." He spoke of their grandfather and Freyja's stare grew hard, narrowed eyes glaring into the distance. "Look's like East Anglia's just made that mistake."

There was a moment where the breeze picked up and brushed across them, loose strands of hair flying free around solemn faces before Brida spun around and walked off of the rock at the edge of the mountain.

"We should stay away for now. Build our own fire."

There was a light in the sea of darkness, a distant slither of orange that flickered back and forth, back and forth. It was like watching the sun as it faded, sinking deeper and deeper into the day and the light became a hazy orange across distant terrain.

Tall trees surrounded her endlessly, familiar trees of not the same shape or form, creating a labrinth of woods around her.

They were leafless, the branches bare to the secrets of the world and the leaves laid dead across the earth. Her feet sunk into the ground, deeper and deeper into the blanket of leaves below, the mix of orange and brown cracking beneath her steps.

She stared at bright glow in the distance and her hand raised towards it. She could feel it's heat on her skin, like standing in an open field and feeling the suns touch.

It was so warm, so welcoming, but there was something dark, something so dark it left her feeling sick and her mouth tasting bitter.

A scream ripped across the air, loud and piercing she flinched, her palms lifting up to cup her ears as if someone had directly screamed into it, but as she looked around, she was alone.