𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ.

—— • ° ☽ ★ ☾ ° • ——
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 —
ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ.
ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ ɢʟᴏʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏʀᴇ
—— • ° ☽ ★ ☾ ° • ——

THE CHURCH DOORS
cracked open with a high pitched creak, shedding a pale light across the dim, dark entrance and revealing the gathering of Eadred, brother Trew and a few unrecognisable others standing by the altar. They held Gisela in their grip, their hold tight, stopping her from escaping, from tearing away and sinking into Uhtred's arms like she so desperately wanted.

"Uhtred." She muttered in disbelief, a tremble of an unsettled breath tumbling from her lips. She fought and fought, tugging at the hands gripping ahold of her - but their grip refused to give.

Uhtred heavily stomped the ground, his feet dragging across the wooden floors pocked with age. He lifted his arm, pointing straight at the Abbott with a glare nestled into his appearance. "You will let her go."

Freyja cautiously trailed in his steps, her footfalls stalking behind him like those of a predator sneaking through the night, her glare permanently fixed on the Abbott.

Eadred met them both half way, a sick, Cheshire grin balanced across his lips. There was a spark of amusement in his stare, something dark and vile. "You are too late." He dragged out. "She is married now. She belongs to aelfric."

"It is a lie, Uhtred." Gisela spoke, glaring at the back of Eadred's head. She swallowed thickly as the sword dug further against her throat.

"Where is aelfric?" Uhtred gazed around the church, his arms waving at his sides. "If he is not here then he cannot married."

"By proxy, you fool." Eadred's face twisted bitterly, eyes squinting at the Dane and gesturing his head towards the man standing off a little towards the distance. "This man stood beside her in place of aelfric."

Freyja casually leaned her side against the post, her arms folding in front of her as she gazed towards the man standing beside Gisela. "Then perhaps we should kill the proxy and get this over with."

The man shifted wearily beneath her unnerving stare, his head immediately giving a shake to show that he did not agree with her suggestion.

Brother Trew looked away from her, ignoring her words, her glare and settled his eyes on Uhtred. "Uhtred, in the eyes of god, she is married."

Uhtred clenched his jaw, teeth threatening to crack. He waved angrily towards the proxy. "Did you hump her for aelfric?"

"He did not." Gisela spoke bitterly, her gaze lowering towards the ground.

"Then there is no marriage, it's a lie." Uhtred growled.

"She is married and it cannot be undone."

Ragnar stood beside Freyja, his hands resting over his hips. He gave a tilt of his head, glancing between Gisela and the proxy. "Make her a widow."

"No!" The man's eyes grew wide with fear and his hand shot out in desperate surrender.

"Gisela is married to aelfric, not to Aidan." Eadred pointed out. Ragnar began to chuckle in amusement, Freyja giving a hint of a smirk.