𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴘʀɪꜱᴏɴᴇʀ.

I'm not certain of the timeline throughout the episode but according to the books I think it was, they were kept slaves for two years so this chapter is stretched along the course of two years.

[ TW; R*pe, abuse]

—— • ° ☽ ★ ☾ ° • ——

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 –
ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴘʀɪꜱᴏɴᴇʀ.
ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ – ɢʟᴏʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏʀᴇ

—— • ° ☽ ★ ☾ ° • ——

THE WAVES ROCKED HEAVY,
slamming against the walls of the ship, causing the vessel to tip and sway from either side as the ocean raged around them. The riggings creaked, the men around her grunted as their arms stretched inwards to steer the oars, guiding the boat through the rocky current.

The waves rose up, high above and crashed over the walls of the ship, raining down on the slaves trapped down within the burrows, forced to use their strength into steering the boat.

Freyja shivered against the cold, her clothes soaked and clinging to her aching bones as the water pooled across the deck, leaving puddles at her bare, naked feet.

She did her best to curl into herself, to savour what warmth coaxed from within her body, but it hurt to move, a pain that spread through her spine and legs, that wrapped around her throat as the chains tugged tight around her neck, stopping her from so much as lifting her head from the post she was chained to.

Hakka's thundering steps paced back and forth taunting across the length of the ship, trailing from one end to the other as he glared across each of a slaves. "Pull, you bastards!" His deep voice rumbled and the crack of the whips clapped against the wet floor. "Pull!"

Freyja tensed at the sound of the sharp crack, her body instinctively turning away as best as she could with little to no room in hopes of somehow escaping it despite know that the hit was not aimed towards her.

Her face pinched, her eyes squeezing with a whispering hiss as the metal brace around her throat tightened, the steel digging into her skin and causing her to quickly shift back in hopes of finding that small amount of comfort once again.

Hakka gathered the whip in his hand and once again paced the deck, his feet kicking puddles of water beneath his steps as he clung onto the posts to keep himself balanced. "We need to fly! Pull!"

There was a retching noise that choked from Haligs throat, his stomach unsettled by the waves of the ocean. The way Freyja sat, the way she was positioned, she could only just catch a glimpse of his silhouette in her peripheral vision.

She caught his face looking up, staring widely at the clouded over sky. There was not a single trace of blue, only an overcast of heavy, darkening cloud.

Halig groaned loudly in displeasure. "It's like looking out of a grave."

Uhtred's face twisted as he used his strength into the steering a full circle of the oar, his jaw clenching tightly, firmly with the threat of cracking a few teeth.

"That will not be our fate." He sounded so promising, as if he believed the words spewing from his lips. He lifted his head only just, peering out from the burrow and gazing softly over his sister a mere feet away. "I swear to you." His words were directed to them both, but it was Freyja he most promised to, to free her of the torture she was forced to endure.