Into The Ink

Audrey's POV...
My father once told me that just because we're born from darkness, doesn't mean we belong to it. We're always free to choose. To believe what we want to believe. But when you step back, when you really look where you've been, and the things you've done, your past will come... to devour you.

June 18th, 1973
I was working late, writing a frame of the animated little devil, Bendy. "Now only 800 more frames to go. No way I'm getting through tonight without some coffee. There probably some downstairs." I stood up from my desk. I left my room and saw Y/n draining a root beer from the Thirsty Cold Drinks vending machine. Y/n was my work partner. "Audrey!" He said as he walked to me.
"Hey, Y/n. I'm heading down to get some coffee." I told him.
"Mind if i join your adventure?" He asked.
"Of course not." She said. She started walking to the door. "Oh yeah, they locked us in. You got your key?" He asked. "I left mine at home again."
"Again? We're lucky i brought my key, then." I turned around and grabbed my key from my desk. Y/n was probably already at the door waiting for me. I went to the hall and saw a cutout of Bendy as i turned the corner. I figured Y/n put it there to scare me. Then he came back and he saw me and the cutout. "Oh, was you trying to scare me?" He asked.
"No? I thought you did?" I asked.
"Hmm. Well i was just throwing this away." He tossed the can in the trash can behind me. We went to the door and opened it. "Never a welcoming hallway." He said. We walked down the hallway and we heard a creak. "Was that you?" He asked.
"No." I told him. "Someone there?" I asked. We went to the elevator and pressed it. The elevator came and I pressed button one. A hand caught the door. "Audrey! Y/n!" We heard.
"Wilson!" I sighed.
"Wilson, you scared us." Y/n said.
"I'm sorry. Didn't mean to frighten you." Wilson apologized. "You're working late tonight. Mind if I step in?" He asked.
"No. Of course not." I said.
"Thank you." He said. "You look like you two could use a little... company." A little about Wilson, he was the janitor of ArchGate Pictures. He coughed a little bit in his hand. "So, its been great this past week, eh?" Y/n asked.
"Just beautiful. Gorgeous." Wilson said. The elevator stopped for a minute and the alarm started going, along with the red alarm light. "Please tell me we're not trapped in here." I panicked.
"Audrey, you know the deal. If it starts falling, lay flat on your back." Y/n reminded.
"Don't you worry. Its just a little short in the system. Been happening a lot these past few days. He pressed the elevator open button. We exited and he threw a switch behind a circuit breaker. "There we go. Just a few more switches go throw. Follow me. It will be perfectly... safe." Wilson said. We started to follow him down the hall. We saw a poster of a man named Joey Drew. He was the founder of the studio and the man who created Bendy. Something he always said was dreams come true since he created the studio with just a pencil and a dream. The legacy of Joey Drew and Bendy continues here at ArchGate Pictures after his retirement and death. We saw Wilson open a door to a hallway which led to a room that had some type of machine in it. "Looks like someone's been messing with the exhibits. There should be something on each of these pedestals." Wilson said. "Audrey, Y/n, do an old man a favor and go find them? I'll tend to the power."
"Okay then. Lets go." Y/n said. We looked at the pedestals. "A disk, an Illusion of Living book, a cogwheel, a jar of ink, a Bendy plush, and a wrench." I saw.

We collected the items and put them on the pedestals. "Only one thing left to do. Pull that switch." Wilson told us. Y/n pulled it. Most of the lights went out and Wilson closed the door. "It is done." Wilson said. The machine started pouring ink. "Uhh, Wilson, the machine- its-its pouring ink. Should we stop it?" Y/n asked.
"The ink is calling us. Can you hear it?" He asked. "Don't fret. Its time to go home."
"Stay back." I told him. Y/n put an arm in front of me. "Stay away, old man." Y/n told him. The ink was pretty much knee deep at this point.
"Listen to me. Pay attention to these last words. Because very soon, you'll forget everything." He grabbed my wrist.
"Let her go!" Y/n said as I prepared a punch. He grabbed Y/n's wrist. "Come find me and I'll show you your purpose. The truth." We kept trying to make him let us go, but he kept his grip. "And now... we die." Wilson pulled us into the ink. "NO!!" I yelled as our faces sank into it.