Chapter 5: The Dark Revival

We went out behind him. We were greeted by a Keeper. We continued moving up the stairs. "The Demon's evil continued to spread." As Wilson was speaking, Audrey put her hand on my shoulder and another on her head. "Audrey?" I asked.
"Be quiet!" She said to herself.
"What did you say?" Wilson asked.
"Nothing." Audrey said. Wilson opened a door. We went through. "Audrey? Are you okay?" I whispered.
"The Ink Demon is trying to tell me something." She whispered back.
"The subject will stand on the designated location." The Keeper said. I took Audrey's Gent Pipe and she stepped on a pressure plate. A tube closed on her. "Subject is cleared for entry." I sat the Gent Pipes on a table of weapons. On it was a pan, an axe, and a Tommy gun. Then i stepped on the pressure plate. We walked in the area Wilson was in. "Welcome to the civilized world." Wilson said. The door closed behind us. "How do you like the signal towers? They nullify The Ink Demon's power so he cannot pass them. I wish I could say I invented them, but it seems our friends at Gent had a demon problem of their own long ago." He said as we walked up a flight of stairs. We got to the top and saw a woman in front of a painting of Wilson with a sword, and The Ink Demon begging for mercy. Seems to me like it would be the other way around. "Wilson, what is this?" Audrey asked.
"Something i had commissioned." He told us.
"You never actually killed The Ink Demon, did you?" Audrey asked again.
"No. He's too powerful. So we sealed him away in a different form. One that was smaller. Harmless."
"Bendy. It fits. They have a similar design." I mentioned.
"But it seems he found a way to free himself. But enough talk. Now if you two will excuse me, i have a lot to prepare. We'll deal with that later. I promise. Besides, you both must be very tired. A quick rest will help. Betty will show you to your room. She's my housekeeper, among other things."
"Wilson. If you needed help, why didn't you just ask us for help?" I asked. Wilson let out a sigh. "Would you have believed me?" He asked as he closed the door.
"Come along. No more dawdling." Betty said as she opened the door. We went down the hall while she talked about the North and South wings, and Wilson's laboratory. "Hey, you said room, as in not plural, right? We share a room?" Audrey asked.
"Yeah. Not too often i get guests i can talk to. Normally, they can't speak, or have gone completely mad." She said. We got to a room. Betty opened it to show a big room with a nice, comfortable-looking double bed in the middle. "Did you have any questions?" Betty asked.
"Is it always night?" Audrey asked.
"Its always dark if thats what you mean. For as long as I can remember." She said.
"Are you an older creation or something new?" I asked.
"I'm quite new, as far as I understand. Although i didn't turn out the way i was supposed to. But Wilson will keep trying."
"Do you trust him?" Audrey asked.
"This is The Ink Demon's world. His shadow covers everything. I don't trust anyone. But he keeps me safe. He said he reminds me of something he calls his mother. Is that a good thing?"
"Yes. A mother is a great thing." I said.
"I'm not so sure. I don't think i ever had one." Audrey said.
"Well, Wilson said to make sure you get some sleep. Theres a recipe on the table that might help you nod off." Betty closed the door. I looked at the recipe. "What is a Gilson?" Audrey asked.
"No idea. Maybe its a, uhh... an animal? Maybe we're putting some type of animal meat in here?" I asked.

Audrey's POV...
We found a fish tank. And there was a Gilson in there. We looked at it. Y/n played a piano and the Gilson stopped moving like it was soothed. I tried grabbing it, and i succeeded. "Got you, you little stinker!" I said to the fish.
"Easier than fishing." Y/n said. Then I noticed Betty was watching. "I forgot to give you the Gilson bits, didn't I?" She asked.
"Yeah...?" Me and Y/n said in sync.
"I'll deliver them to your room. Uhh, could you put Harold back in the tank?" Betty asked. I dropped the Gilson.

Me and Y/n returned to our room. "Okay, Audrey. I'll let you go in the bathroom, and I'll be waiting here." Y/n told me as he took a seat on the bed. I nodded and took a cup to the bathroom. I made the Gilson drink. "Okay. Three sips, then i let Y/n in." I took one sip. Then another. Then another. Three sips. But behind me in the mirror, i saw a woman who looked like half her face was missing. I let out a scream as I fell to the ground from the Gilson drink.

Y/n's POV...
I heard Audrey scream. I ran to the door and tried opening it. Nothing. "Audrey!" I yelled. I started kicking the door. It took me about seven kicks before the door flew open. Audrey was gone. I checked the shower curtain. There was a tunnel dug through there. "Audrey, I'm coming." I whispered as I stepped into the tunnel.