Chapter 1

The Mundane and the Shadowhunter

An Alec Lightwood x fem!reader story.

Warning(s): Future mature content, Alec falls in love with a woman, future violence

Summary: You are a mundane who can somehow see Shadowhunters and you stumble upon the institute. What happens when you’re caught by Alec?

Chapter 1

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎
YOUR POV
It was a typical New York City rainy day, but of course one that you hadn’t planned for. So there you were, no umbrella, no rain boots, with your hair sopping wet. It was pretty chilly outside, and you’d likely catch a cold if you didn’t find shelter.

To your left, you noticed a huge building. A cathedral, to be exact. One that you’d seen multiple times, and watched strange people go in covered in tattoos. You made sure not to ever make eye contact with them, as they certainly seemed like some sort of cult. It was New York, you wanted no business with that sort of thing.

But, it seemed like you didn’t have much of a choice. Maybe they were a good cult? You had your fingers crossed.

You pushed open the tall door, your breath taken away upon entering the massive building. When you finally brought your eyes back down to in front of you, there were several of those black-clad tattooed people right in front of you, and one of them had an arrow pointed not three feet from your face.

“Woah! What the hell?!” You put your hands up in surrender, and the man who had the arrow pointed at you quirked a brow. He was rather handsome, you noted. The perfect specimen of the saying ‘tall, dark, and handsome’.

“Who are you? How can you see us, mundane?” His voice was low and rich, like bakers dark chocolate. What the hell? Why was I just thinking that?

“I’m Y/N—and what do you mean how can I see you?” You looked around at the others, most had glowing sword things in their hands. “Uh, are you guys some sort of cult? Because if so, I’m just going to—“ You spun around towards the door quickly, only for you to slip on the floors due to your shoes being all wet still. You felt two large hands on your waist, stopping you from hitting the hard-looking floor.

You looked behind you, the dark haired handsome man who had an arrow pointed at you not ten seconds ago still holding onto your waist and looking deeply into your eyes.

“You okay?” He asked and sounded almost

concerned. You simply nodded in reply. You turned around again to open the doors to make your leave carefully this time, only for the man to grab your arm.

“Sorry, but I can’t let you leave,” he said firmly, eyes locking with yours again.

“What the hell do you mean?” You yanked your arm back from him. “I only came into your supposed cult building to get out of the rain. But if you’re going to try to kidnap me or something, I’ll risk getting a cold instead.”

A girl stepped forward that looked a lot like the man, her dark hair shining and lips painted red. She had a great body with a tight black dress on.

“Mundane, we’re not kidnapping you. We will explain everything, as long as you are truthful with us. Now, come with me. We need to get you into some dry clothes so you don’t catch a cold,” She said kindly.

She didn’t seem like a dangerous cult lady, so you nodded, looking at the handsome man one more time before you steadily walked towards her.

She smiled at you, putting an arm on your back as she led you up the just as elegant stairs.