Chapter 7: 'camera ready'★

~ matt sturniolo ~

bella sighed as her alarm woke her up, the sun shining through the small gaps in the curtains. the day already felt warm, as she took her blanket off and sat up. it was the day of her photoshoot, a small ounce of nervousness buzzed throughout her body. walking over to the window, she drew back her curtains, admiring the golden light that touched her body.

it was her first instinct to find her pack of cigarettes and have one. it was still in her bag from her shopping spree, when she managed to take one out, she placed it between her lips, using the lighter that she had by her bedside. she took a long drag, she knew it wasn't really good that the first thing she did in the morning was smoke a cigarette but it calmed her buzz down, the strong smell comforted her.

she had to open a window of course, her mum didn't know that she stole her cigarettes and bella was pretty sure her sister would kill her if she found out what she was doing.

ʚ‎‏ ͜ ̩͙ ︵ ̩͙ ୨ ♡ ୧ ̩͙ ‏︵ ̩͙ ͜ ɞ

bella had gotten a message from the person managing the photoshoot for her, giving her a few things she had to do.

michelle (photoshoot)

hey arabella, for the shoot today please remember your dress and don't wear makeup, we'll have someone do that for you.

okay, thank you

bella was already pretty much done getting ready, she just needed to brush her hair out. she was wearing grey joggers and a white crop top with a pair of classic reeboks. she didn't need to take much, just her phone, headphones and chargers, anything else she needed like drinks and food were being provided.

she scrolled on her phone, finding the uber app, the drive was about thirty minutes which meant the walk would have been double, and there was no way she was walking for that long, it was also pretty hot outside so the only other option was booking an uber.

ʚ‎‏ ͜ ̩͙ ︵ ̩͙ ୨ ♡ ୧ ̩͙ ‏︵ ̩͙ ͜ ɞ

at the photoshoot..

she arrived soon enough, making it exactly on the time agreed. she walked straight into the studio where michelle and who bella assumed was the makeup artist stood by the cameras, she made her way towards them, nervous, she hated photoshoots, the one time she went for one was one of the worst days of her life. she might be exaggarating but it was incredibly embarrassing.

"hey arabella, we're going to to start straight away, this is chloe, she'll be your makeup artist." chloe was incredibly pretty, she looked young, probably the same age as bella. "hey." she said, a polite smile glazed on her face. bella smiled back at her, replying with a short 'hi'. they showed her the little room where her makeup would be done and where she'd get changed into her dress.

"just sit down and i'll get started on your makeup." chloe pointed at the chair, gathering all her makeup supplies and placing them on the desk in front. "thank you."

"so how's the whole youtube thing going?" chloe asked, eager to start a conversation so the room wouldn't be filled in complete silence. "it's okay i guess but i don't know there's just not much to film anymore, that's why i'm trying to start music, i love song writing and guitar, all that shit." she explained, chloe's warm persona made her feel like she could talk about everything to her.

"oh my god i totally get you like i love being a makeup artist but i really want to just travel around the world a little." they seemed to kick it off quite well with each other, both of them learnt a lot about each other during the time chloe was doing her makeup. "okay i'm all done!" chloe smiled, bella looked into the mirror, "holy shit i don't think my makeup has ever been this good." she smiled at chloe, thanking her, "you're actually an angel, we need to meet up sometime."

"aw thanks, and yeah totally." bella put her number into chloe's phone, hugging her before being called to start the actual shoot.

ʚ‎‏ ͜ ̩͙ ︵ ̩͙ ୨ ♡ ୧ ̩͙ ‏︵ ̩͙ ͜ ɞ

"just stand there, lean and put one arm up, holding the frame." michelle instruced, bella listening to her exact words. "perfect." there were a few loud snaps of the camera and a flash before the photoshoot was all over, there was a variety of photo's to choose from, the next step was editing them to have the name of her single - 'vampire'

this was such a short chapter but the next few ones will be pretty long..

-ieva