Chapter 16: 'kindness for weakness' ★

song of the chapter ~ my strange addiction by billie eilish

'I'm the powder, you're the fuse. just add some friction'

~ matt sturniolo~

matt had woken up before bella did, she was still in his arms, her face in the crook of his neck. she was pretty when she slept, just like she was when she was awake. the sun was slightly peaking through the blinds and hitting the side of her face, he stayed admiring her for a few minutes before she started to stir awake.

bell eyes fluttered open slightly, she felt matt's arms around her, just like when she fell asleep. she really liked this, being in his arms knowing that he doesn't truly hate her. she closed her eyes again, pretending to be asleep so she could stay like this a little longer. she didn't know if matt was awake or not and hoped he wasn't so she could stay for as long as possible, the only thing worrying her was nick or chris bursting into the room, they definitely wouldn't stop going on about if they found out.

she wasn't sure entirely what to do now, with matt. he hadn't exactly told her he liked or anything but considering, he memorised a poem of hers, keeps checking if she's okay and promised not to hurt her again it seemed like there was a chance. for now she'd just see what was going to happen between them, there was no point worrying about their relationship when they might not even have one.

matt could sense that bella was awake, " i know you're awake." he said, smiling as she let out a sigh. "no i'm not." she buried her face in the pillow, "yeah you are." he smirked as she tried getting out of the bed, he didn't let her and pulled her back in by her waist before she could actually get out, "where are you going?" he yawned, "i'm going before one of your brothers decide to storm in." she replied with an obvious tone, "no."

"fuck you mean no." god this guy was bi polar, one minute he was having full blown arguments with her and the next he was begging her to stay with him. "stay." she wanted to but didn't want chris and nick to keep talking about it until she dies. "what if they come in?"

"just hide or something." she smiled and rolled her eyes at him whilst lying down in his arms once again, she really could stay like this forever. "i hate you so much." she said, not entirely truthfully. "i hate you too." his eyes closed again, "don't you dare fucking fall asleep again." she whispered, playing with his hair, "you tried to." his eyes were still shut.

just as she was going to open her mouth and say they should get out of bed, nick and chris's voice echoed through the hall. "shit." they both said, bella jumped to hide by his bed, crouching down so she was out of view, matt just scrolled on his phone to make everything seem normal, as if bella wasn't literally just in the same bed as him, in his arms.

bella heard the door swing open and started praying whoever had wouldn't notice she was there, "matt have you seen bella?" nick asked, a perplexed tone. bella had to bite her lip so she wouldn't burst into laughter, she could tell matt was too. "she probably went to the toilet i don't know." he replied, trying to keep a straight face as nick closed the door. as soon as the door closed both her and matt burst into a fit of quiet laughter, "well now i need to fucking get out of here and pretend like i just got out the toilet." she made her way to the door, hoping neither chris or nick would happen to walk there the same time as her.