Chp:-8 Heart In Conflict

ABHISHEK SINGH RAIZAADA

As days passed after my first visit to Dakshita's restaurant, my internal struggle only intensified. I found myself thinking about Dakshita more often than I should, and my heart would race whenever I was around her in the sets of Food Frenzy India, which was all set to go on air in a week. It was as if an invisible force was pulling me towards her, and I couldn't explain why.

Unable to resist the urge any longer, I decided to visit Le Jardin de l'Étoile again, this time on my own. I knew it was risky, especially with all the conflicting emotions I was experiencing, but I needed to see her.

As I stepped into the restaurant, the familiar aroma of delicious food enveloped me. Dakshita was at the counter, busy with some paperwork. She looked up and her eyes widened in surprise.

"Dakshi, hey," I said, trying to act nonchalant, but my nervousness must have been evident.

"Abhishek! This is a pleasant surprise," she replied, a hint of curiosity in her voice. "Are you dining alone today?" I could tell she looked like, she was caught off guard.

I nodded, "Yeah, just wanted to try some of your latest creations. You added Chef Rajveer's dessert to the menu. Can't wait to taste it. Yahase guzar raha tha toh socha aakar try karlu."

(I was passing by so I thought why not drop by and give it a try)

She smiled warmly, "Of course! I'll make sure you have an unforgettable culinary experience today. Please have a seat, and I'll send the waitstaff over."

As I settled at a table, I couldn't help but notice how Dakshita's presence radiated confidence and passion for her restaurant. My admiration for her talents only grew.

Soon, Advik bhai unexpectedly walked in, looking surprised to see me there. "Hey, little bro. What are you doing here?" he asked, taking a seat across from me.

I shrugged, trying to be casual, "Just felt like trying out some new dishes. How come you're here?"

Advik bhai raised an eyebrow, clearly sensing something was amiss. "Hello, it's my sister in law's restaurant duh, I can drop by anytime I like. Came to grab some Gajar Halwa Mille-Feuille for Mihika. But you are out alone like this that too in Dakshita's restaurant. Is everything okay?"

I hesitated for a moment before deciding to confide in my brother. "Honestly, I'm a bit confused, Advik bhai. There's something about Dakshita that's been bothering me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's affecting me more than it should."

Advik bhai leaned back, studying me carefully. "Are you saying you have feelings for her?" He chuckled.

I sighed, relieved to share the burden with someone. "I don't know. It's just...different when I'm around her. And it's so complicated because of Kashish, my fiancé. I don't want to jeopardize our relationship, but I can't ignore what I'm feeling either. I'm going bonkers here."

Advik nodded sympathetically, "Well, you should figure out what's going on inside you first. But don't forget, honesty is crucial. If this is bothering you, it's better to talk to Dakshita openly and honestly."

Just then, Dakshita appeared at our table with a warm smile. "Abhishek...do you.... Advik jeeju, what a pleasant surprise." She came and side hugged bhai.

Advik bhai said, "Hey sis in law. How's it going?"

Dakshita said, "very well."

Advik bhai said, came to grab some Gajar Halwa Mille-Feuille for Mihika. You know how your sister is when she craves for something she has to have it. She was to come too but had to rush for a last minute meeting."