Chp:-9 Your Fiancée

THIRD PERSON POV

As Abhishek returned home that evening, he couldn't shake the turmoil inside him. The restaurant visit had awakened emotions he never expected, within him.

ABHISHEK SINGH RAIZAADA

When I entered my penthouse, I found Kashish pacing anxiously.

"Abhishek, where have you been?" she exclaimed, her voice trembling with concern.

"I've been trying to reach you all evening. You didn't answer my calls or messages. I was worried sick. The least you could do is give a reply, why do you even carry your phone if you don't wanna reply!"

I tried to appear composed, "Relax, Kashish. I was just out for work-related stuff. I didn't have time to check my phone. Chill. No need to get worked up."

Kashish's voice broke and she said, "You don't miss me at all nowadays it seems. You never properly reply to my texts it's either a mono syllabic answer I get from you or you just leave me on read. It feels like the amazing relationship that we had is deteriorating. You've forgotten that I am your fiancée. You don't even say I love you anymore, it's not like you've to say it 24/7 but at least once. What's happening with you Abhishek Singh Raizaada tell me!"

I sighed. I said, "I very well know that you're my fiancée Kashish. I am not that forgetful. Look there's so much workload these days. Things are getting crazy busy with office and The Food Frenzy which will go on air soon. Everything has come on my head. Advik bhai and Mihika will be heading to the States and Canada soon for a month, so I met up with him to catch up and to discuss about business. Saira is gone for her friend's bachelorette trip. Mom dad Tauji Taiji are out. I have a lot on plate. Look I am dead tired and why are you asking so many questions? What is with you today?"

Kashish said, "Really? Discussing business with Advik bhai?" She shook head.

Kashish's face turned bitter as she showed me a picture on her phone. It was a post from Food Frenzy India's Instagram page, featuring me, Dakshita and Advik bhai together with a caption about fabulous time at Dakshi's Le Jardin de l'Étoile and how glad they were to have us and serve us.

She said bitterly, "Work, huh? Seems like you had a pretty cozy time at Dakshita's restaurant with your brother and the head chef herself. Y'all were having fun. You don't have time for your fiancée, you don't have time to answer my calls and reply to my texts but you have time for all this. Care to explain that, Mr Abhishek?"

I did my best to remain calm on the surface, "It was just a business meeting, Kashish. She's one of the main judges of the Frenzy, nothing more. It's not a big deal. Quit behaving like a nagging housewife."

Kashish let out a bitter laugh, her voice laced with hurt. "Not a big deal? Wow, nagging housewife? I have no words to say how mad and offended I feel here. Abhishek, do you think I'm a fool? Do you not remember what Dakshita and her boyfriend Rahul did to me in the past, how they bullied me relentlessly. And now, you're cozying up to her like nothing happened?"

I narrowed my eyes at her, but I didn't entirely believe her version of events. I needed to find out the truth, but I cannot reveal my inner turmoil just yet.

Instead, I retorted, "Kashish, you can't keep dragging up the past like this. Look whatever it was, just rise above it ok. People change, circumstances change. Dakshita is not the person you describe her to be. She sure isn't the same person she was back then. We had a pleasant evening, that's it."

Kashish's frustration boiled over as she yelled, "Pleasant evening? You're defending her? After all she did to me? How can you be so blind?"

I said, "Kashish please!"

Kashish said, "You were right, people do change and so have you. And it's all because of that bitch of a low life Dakshita Raichand."

I had enough of the argument. I spoke firmly, "I feel not just me but you've changed too. Wait let me rephrase it, not only have you changed you're definitely keeping something from me and have been keeping it since years. Kashish, I've had a long day, and I need to rest. My chauffeur will drop you off. Cool off and text me when you reach. Take care. Good night."

THIRD PERSON POV

After telling Kashish to go back home, Abhishek retreated into his room, closing the door with a firm slam. He didn't let her say anything further. He needed time to process his emotions and figure out how to uncover the truth about his inexplicable connection with Dakshita.

As he showered and changed, he couldn't help but ponder about everything. He knew he needed help, someone who could shed light on the past and present, and the answers lay somewhere in the tangled complicated history between him, Dakshita, and Kashish.

These thoughts weighed heavily on his mind as he settled into bed, eventually drifting off into a restless sleep.