Chapter 9 Last Gift

Key pulled away gasping for air. He had his arms on my shoulders pushing me back away from him. He let one hand touch his lips softly and stared at me in shock.

I still felt the lingering feeling on my lips. Finally I had done what I wanted for so long, but I felt like I betrayed Key at the same time. I felt like I took advantage of the situation we were put it.

Oh how I regret this now. As we stared into each others eyes I could only imagine the anger or embarrassment he felt. It was like looking at a child who you promised to buy ice cream for them, but ended up just buying on for yourself and eating it in front of them.

"J-Jonghyun- I- I just-" Key pushed my arms away and looked away from my eyes.

His brown wavy hair with turquoise highlights moved over one eye as he looked up. He let a hand brush that hair away behind his ear.

I was going to say something, but once I opened my mouth I bit my lip stopping myself from ruining this friendship even more than I just did.

"What happened... Why did... Why would you ki- why did you kiss me, Jonghyun," Key's voice sounded hurt, broken, sad.

His voice cracked a little as he swallowed the knot in his throat that was telling me how much he wanted to cry.

"I... I thought that you wanted me to.." I finally let out.

Key turned to me his eyes filled with worry. His hands just awkwardly figeted around not knowing what to do with them.

I could feel my heart beat so fast I swear he could hear it. My palms got sweaty and and I wanted to say more, but I couldn't.

I wanted to tell him how much he meant to me, but can't.

I wanted to to tell him he was the only person who made my heart feel this way, but I can't.

I wanted to tell him how much important part of my life he is, but I can't

I wanted to tell him that without him I would die, but can't.

I wanted to tell him how much I love him, but I can't.

"Jonghyun... Is that how you feel?" His eyes filled with tears.

I wanted to kiss his eyes and dry the tears myself, but he quickly rubbed the tears away.

"So if I tell you I want you to do something and even if you don't want to do it...you'll still do it?"

"Key I would do anything for-"

"That's low..." Key's words hurt like a knife being stabbed in my chest.

"Even for you who is already so short... That's low... You went and you- and you did this without asking me how I felt about it a-and you only did it because you say I wanted you to."