𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆 - 𝑪𝒉𝒆𝒄𝒌𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆

Chaeryeong passed by the cafeteria like usual Taehyun was playing chess with everyone. She felt relieved when she passed through even if she knows that Taehyun kept looking at her.

She sat with her eonnies again. "I heard you took my advice." Yeji proudly said.

"I never thought I'd be that happy to lose honestly." I said.

"Noona." Taehyun goes closer to the girls table.

"Wae?" Yeji asked Taehyun worried. The boy had tears flowing down his eyes but he tried his best to hide it and not show his emotions.

"Do you want me to call Yeonjun?" Yeji asked him and he nods looking down.

Yeonjun immediately came he pulled Taehyun somewhere farther from the girls.

"Hey you should work on your ratings you'll surely go up easily." Yeji said like nothing happened. She didn't want the attention to shift to Taehyun knowing he wouldn't want anyone to see him emotional.

"There's an upcoming rated chess tournament in town. There's a registration form in our club you should join us." Yeji said.

"Count me in." Chaeryeong said.

"Eonnie I'm curious are you also Taehyun's friend?" Chaeryeong asked Yeji.

"Well Yeji's boyfriend is friends with Taehyun. So you can put it that way." Lia said.

"Is he always like that?" Chaeryeong asked.

"Like what?" Yeji asked.

"Competitive?" Chaeryeong asked.

Yeji looked down. She knew something not a lot of people knew about Taehyun.

"He has his reasons." Yeji answered. It was also a cue for Chaeryeong to not ask anything about it.

Yeonjun kept on comforting Taehyun trying to calm the boy down.

"Appa is going to kill me hyung." Taehyun said

"Hey, calm down tell me what happened?" Yeonjun asked.

"I failed my biology exam twice. I can't get myself beaten up by the belt again. It hurts me so much." Taehyun said he kept on crying on his hyung's shoulders.

Yeonjun wasn't as academically smart. "You can retake the test again. Remember there's a remedial test. This time you really need to study and review your mistakes." Yeonjun said.

"I tried my best... I always do hyung." He said.

"I know but that's all we can do. I'll try to ask around if somone can tutor you but you should promise you won't be stubborn." Yeonjun said and Taehyun agreed.

Yeonjun went out and talked to the girls table. "Hey Ji maybe you know somone who can tutor Taehyun in biology." Yeonjun said.

"Lia maybe you can help Taehyun out." Yeji said.

"I'm a chemistry major and I don't think I can squeeze it to my schedule." Lia said.

"Maybe I can do it. I tutor Somi everyday at the library 5pm till 7pm if he doesn't mind working with the two of us." Chaeryeong said.

"Thank you so much..." "Lee Chaeryeong." Chaeryeong introduced.

"Then I'll tell him to meet you guys at the library then." Yeonjun said he kissed Yeji before running away.

"Eonnie how long have you been together?" Ryujin asked.

"I think we're going on out third year this year." Yeji said.