𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 - 𝑪𝒉𝒆𝒄𝒌𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆

Monday comes by its the day of the tournament. Their school joins a lot of tournament. She was seated with Yuna whi she didn't know was also on the chess club because Yeji was seated with Yeonjun.

"You're the one who beat Taehyun. Lee Chaeryeong right?" Yuna asked.

"Yes." Chaeryeong answered.

"What's your ranking?" Yuna asked.

"I'm unranked. It's my first time joining actually." Chaeryeong said.

"An unranked player? You'll be accelerated for sure." Yuna said.

"Accelerated?" Chaeryeong asked.

"Some has the chance to accelerate and compete with the higher ranked ones. These tournaments will look at your games and check your level specially new comers and unranked ones." Yuna explained.

Note : I would like to remind everyone that this is fictional and it's almost impossible for anyone to accelerate this much specially on chess tournaments. But since as I said this is fictional Chaeryeong will accelerate very fast.

Chaeryeong's first match starts. Taehyun decided to watch since he's higher ranked their matches often start late or at the end of the tournament.

Opponents play five games of chess to determine the winner. If the player wins three games they will be paired with a higher level or somone like them who won three consecutive matches.

Chaeryeong sat down and offered a hand to her opponent but she ignored Chaeryeong.

Chaeryeong moves her pawn to d4 a common opening for Ruy Lopez openingavoidingthe Marshall Attack but this not Chaeryeong's initial plan, her opponent quickly responds moving her pawn to c4.

The knights go to their natural squares, c3 and f3.

Chaeryeong's opening is called Queens Gambit. It allows her to control the game and act as the threat to restrict her opponent to develop her moves.

As expected Chaeryeong easily won that round using the same tactic for the second round she won again and for the last round she decided to use the opening she commonly does with her game with Taehyun. She was confident because the Ruy Lopez opening is one of the hardest to master. Meaning a starter like her possibly doesn't know how to do proper defense to win.

Chaeryeong's smiles as she finished that round with a clean victory.

"Ms. Lee based on your record. You're unranked but a lot of professionals are reviewing your plays and they're saying they believe youre at least at a 1800 ranking." One of the coordinator said.

"We're considering if you're eligible for acceleration. We recommend taking on a match with the same range as you." The coordinator added.

Chaeryeong looked at Yeji, Yuna and Taehyun who was watching her.

"Taehyun would you mind helping her out with the coordinator?" Yeji asked.

Taehyun went near Chaeryeong who was talking to the coordinator.

"I'm her schoolmate, she's a student from JYP Academy. Is there an issue?" Taehyun asked the coordinator. The coordinator then explained to Taehyun.

"You should do it Chaeryeong. You need to beat your opponent five times it would automatically raise your ranking higher that theirs." Taehyun said.

"You think so?" Chaeryeong asked and Taehyun nodded.

"Then I'll do it." Chaeryeong nervously said. "Let's go this way then." The coordinator said.