Chapter 14: Hospital Stay

Bucky had walked away from Steve and Aloisia, and Al had let him go. She knew he wanted to become a better person now and hoped he would learn how to be himself again with his freedom. Aloisia knew it would be a waste of time trying call for help and flying Steve was too risky so she carried him to safety. She walked through the area and got him to Maria, Natasha and Fury. He was then transported to a hospital by Fury and Maria. Aloisia stood frozen as she watches Steve fly away.

At first it hadn't really processed for her as she had managed to get Steve out of the water, get the water out of his lungs and know that he was breathing again. She could feel his blood on her hands as she had carried him, his bullet wounds had done lots of damage. Aloisia had been motivated to carry Steve and get him where he needed to be, and around those that could help him, but now that she had done that she didn't really know what to do with herself now that he'd been taken out of her care.

"I took too long to get to him Nat" Aloisia whispers to the woman stood next to her.

"Everything was crumbling around you Al, literally. You wouldn't have been able to get to him quickly, no one would have. He's going to be alright, he's in the best hands now" Natasha says, glancing at Al's bloody and shaking hands. She wraps the girl in a hug, holding her tightly.

Al hesitates but wraps her arms around Natasha.

"You saved him" Natasha whispers to Aloisia, offering her a reassuring smile

"You saved him" Natasha whispers to Aloisia, offering her a reassuring smile. "Come on, we can go and find what hospital he is in" Nat adds as the pair break apart.

"Thank you" Aloisia says, "Are you okay? I heard Fury say something about electrocuting yourself" Aloisia asks, Natasha winces, she had hoped Al wouldn't hear about that.

"Im fine" Natsaha fails to reassure Aloisia, Nat internally curses, she is sure fury must have mentioned it around Aloisia on purpose.

"So it did happen, why did you do that?" Aloisia asks, her features showing her concern.

"Pierce had pinned a badge onto me that would melt my sternum so i had to disable it to give Fury time to shoot him" Natasha explains.

"Im sorry, what? Melt your sternum. Where is Pierce now?" Aloisia mutters bitterly.

Natasha shakes her head "no, stop thinking whatever you are thinking because i am sure its not good. And Pierce is dead" she explains as Aloisia and Natasha find a car to go to the hospital with. Aloisia only nods. They eventually arrive at the hospital, Fury had informed them of which one, and get out the car. They find Steve's room, which is being guarded by two armed agents.

The duo are let in, where Sam sits next to Steve. Steve has multiple stitches on his face and dawns a hospital gown instead of his usual patriotic attire. Aloisia smiles at Sam who stands and hugs her tightly. "Im glad you're okay" Sam says "no one knew where you had gone"