Chapter 8: Evolve

Natasha and Aloisia had slowly walked downstairs as Al had wanted to meet Clint's family properly. Lila had run up to Natasha, wrapping her small arms around Natasha. She had turned shyly to Aloisia as Laura and Cooper walked over. "Hello" Aloisia whispered gently, crouching down closer to Lila's height

"Hi" Lila whispered shyly. The whole Barton house had heard lots about the goddess Aloisia. The woman who made Natasha so happy. Laura smiled and walked over to the two.

"It's lovely to meet you Aloisia" Laura smiled, Al stood back up and Laura noticed the two women's hands interlock again.

"I wish it was under better circumstances. You have a lovely home" Al replied politely, offering Laura a small smile.

"Is it true that you can make fire with your hands?" Cooper asked, giving Aloisa a small, very shy smile. He and Lila weren't sure if they believed their parents when they spoke about Al.

Al crouched down once more, standing in front of Cooper and Lila "it is. Would you like to see?" Al asked, looking to Laura to make sure it is okay. Laura nodded as Clint's children replied with a very enthusiastic yes. "Okay, stand back a little" the two took a large step back. Aloisia smiled at them as she opened her palm, a small flame flickered on top. She allowed it to weave between her fingers. She flicked her wrist and created a small tornado of fire in the palm of her hand.

Lila and Cooper awed, Laura was incredibly impressed. She had heard what Aloisia was capable of, but seeing it in person made it much more real, much more impressive.

——— . ———

A few hours later Fury meets with the rest of the team, most of them sit around Clint's table.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing" Fury announces, Lila runs up to Natasha and Aloisia handing them each a picture. She had attempted to draw a small fire for Al, but it looked more like a red scribble with a circular shape. Al smiled at her. Thanking the girl as Natasha cups her face smiling at the girl.

"What about Ultron himself?"

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though" Fury adds

"A what?" Aloisia asks, only to get ignored

"He still going after launch codes?"

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway" Nick explained

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare" Tony boasted

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that"

"NEXUS?" Steve questions

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth" Bruce explains for him

"So what'd they say?"

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed" says Fury

"By whom?" Tony asks, as a dart flies past his head, hitting the bullseye. He turns to Clint who only shrugs at him, smiling.

"Parties unknown"

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asks

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is" Fury explains

"I might need to visit Oslo, find our "unknown" Tony offers

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that" Natasha says, Al nods agreeing it's her girlfriend.