The cool tall stranger

When he came home, he thought about the stranger he met that day. He had so much going on on himself, from pins to the piercings, everything so chaotically put together, but somehow, he liked the style. As he started to fall asleep on his bed, he thought about being cool like him one day. Different, but proud of it. That's what made the stranger look special.
The next day in school, he decided to go ask about him to his friends. When he finally found Gwen, he didn't hesitate and told her everything he saw. How he started admiring a stranger at first sight.

"He sounds like he's really something! But no, I don't think he goes to this school, I've never seen someone like him around here." , Gwen smiled.

"Gwen, I'll never see him again..." , Pav's expression saddened.

"Hm, well, uh, I'm sure you'll do. How about you go to that café today again, maybe he'll be there too?" , she tried cheering him up. It sounded like a small chance, but a chance was a chance andPav wouldn't let it pass.

"Alright! I will, thank you Gwen! Bye!" , Pav lit up in determination and walked off quickly to go to his class.

After school, he went to the café, making sure he looked around to not miss him. The café was not as full as the day before, since he came earlier. But he didn't want tea again, he wanted to see the stranger. But he wasn't there. So he sat in an empty chair and waited a little longer for him to show up. Then he started thinking what he was doing. What was he going to say to him if he showed up? Ask his name? Where he goes to school? Tell him he's really cool? The thinking got cut off by a lady standing above him.

"I'm sorry, we are one chair short at our table, are you going to sit here for much longer?" , the lady asked politely.

"Oh, no, you can take it." , Pav, not needing the chair stood up and offered it to the lady.

He walked out and stood outside for a while. But there was no sign of the guy he was waiting for. It was pointless, he was just a good-looking stranger, why did he feel like he needed to see him once more so much? Disappointed, he started walking home. On his way, he always passed some shops. The small bookstore, two souvenir shops and even a painting shop, where a lonely artist made his work and then sold it in front of the shop. Pav liked the paintings, but he didn't buy one, because he had no room for it, and/or it just didn't match the aesthetic of his room. And then, there was also this small guitar shop. He's been there twice in his life, it's where he got his guitar. He wanted to learn to play one so bad when he first arrived to New York, but he didn't have anyone to teach him and the tutors made his stress too much, so he tried learning off online tutorials.
He didn't know why, but something told him he should go inside. So he decided to just quickly go in and out. But as he closed the door behind him, he saw him. The stranger. He was sitting in an armchair, strumming on an electric guitar. The guitar was plastered by stickers and entirely covered by splashes of colours. The stranger didn't seem to notice him, so he approached him.

"Uh...hi." , Pav was panicking inside, what was he doing?

"Um, hey." , the stranger looked up at him, looking like he was a little confused.

Of course he was confused! He didn't remember Pav, he only saw him in a café for a couple of seconds. Pav decided to fight his fear and decided that he had to be friends with this person.

"I...I'm Pavitr! Pavitr Prabhakar. We- uhh, I bumped into you yesterday."

"Oh. I remember you. You need anythin'?" , he looked unbothered.

"I want to be your friend!" , Pav shot out.

The guy looked at him with his one eyebrow raised.

"Um, a'ight?" , he held his hand out to Pav.

Pav got confused. Was it a handshake? A handshake of approval! Right? Or was he asking him to give him something? Money? Or-

"Your phone. I'll give ya my phone number, but don't expect much." , he told him, probably realising that Pav was confused.

As the tall guy gave Pav his phone number, he stood there in pure shock. It was that easy? Is he his friend now?

"The name's 'Obie Brown. Do you like guitars?"

"Ah, well, I do, but I can't play well..." , he admitted.

"C'mon, show me what ya know. Sit down."

Pav sat down into an armchair next to him and Hobie gave him his guitar.

"Play some simple chords." , he ordered him.

Pav strummed some chords, making sure he wouldn't mess up. He was a little surprised by the strong sound of the electric guitar, because his guitar had a much softer tone.

"A'ight, you know how to play a bit. How 'bout we meet again somewhere, huh?" , he asked with a poker face.

"Alright!" , Pav lit up in excitement and smiled.

"You have my number, ya know what to do. See you." , and with that, the tall cool guy with the name Hobie left the shop.

Pav only stared as he left, unable to speak up or do anything. But he was happy, he got his number. Now he could meet him again.