The truth

Pav left the centre and right as he left through the door, he could see the two guys standing by a wall, the one beside Hobie smoking. He quickly jumped back inside and put on a dark brown hoodie that he was carrying with him the entire time. He put on the hood to cover his hair and tilted his head downwards, so that his face was harder to see. He then peeked through the door to see if the two are still there, but they were already walking away, so he left the building fully and sneakily followed them.
The way wasn't that long, they walked through some darker allies until they arrived to a small shop. It wasn't surrounded by people at all, it was just a corner shop. The two put on black hats and face masks and barged into the small shop. Pav got closer and looked through the glass window of the shop. The one with curly hair was holding...a gun. A gun?! He was...holding the cashier at gunpoint?!! And Hobie...he was...putting things into a backpack... What was Pav witnessing right now? He couldn't believe it...he was hanging out with criminals!!! Shocked, he stared as the two got what they needed and ran out of the shop. Pav wanted to go after them, but it would look too suspicious, so he just stood there. He then remembered - the cashier! He quickly went into the shop and looked around in disbelief. He then turned to the cashier.

"Sir, are you okay?" , Pav asked worryingly.

"Some two guys just robbed me...Damn it! I'm in so much trouble..." , the cashier said, seemingly really worried.

"Now, it's not your fault, sir..." , Pav tried to calm the guy.

"I'm calling the police." , the cashier pulled out his phone.

Pav jumped. Hobie is in so much trouble. But he couldn't stop the cashier from dialing the police number - he wouldn't know how to explain anything. He just sighed. It was Hobie's fault anyways. He was so mad at him. Would they still be friends? He had no time to think about this as he angrily stormed out of the shop. He walked through the dark allies until he heard some people talking on the roof of a building. Listening closer, he heard Hobie's voice. He put on his hood and climbed the rusty ladder until he could peek at the two.

"Thanks. I'll bring you the rest of the money in a week's time." , the other guy said.

"Right." , Hobie said in a serious tone.

The guy then started walking away and towards the ladder. Pav noticed it and quickly climbed off the ladder. He leaned towards a wall and pretended to mind his own business. As the guy made his way down, he looked at Pav and then walking away, apparently not noticing it was him. Pav then climbed up the ladder and got to the roof, where Hobie was looking down at the city.

"Hobie." , Pav tried to sound threatening.

Hobie turned around startled, clearly recognising Pav's voice right away.

"Pav, where'd you-"

"Shut up. Save the confusion for later. What you did is horrible. Why? Do you do this often?"

"Pav, I-"

"I trusted you. A lot. I believed you're a good person...guess I was wrong then."

"Look, I need the money."

"And you do this the hard way? Is this what you want?!" , Pav started to sound more angry and upset.

"No, it's not. I don't want it. But I need it."

"I could've helped you!! Whatever you're struggling with-"

"I do not need help! You aren't supposed to be included in this!"

"But I want to!" , Pav's eyes started slowly watering.

"Trust me. You don't."

"Trust in you is the thing I'm starting to lose." , Pav's eyes watered more as he stormed off the roof.

He put on his hood once again and quickly walked home, tears slowly streaming down his face. When he got home, he buried his face into a pillow and thought about the moments he spent with Hobie. But instead of being angry he was now just sad. He felt bad for Hobie, even though he shouldn't. He wanted to help him so much, he wanted to hug him right then, but he knew he shouldn't. Morality pulled him away, but his heart said otherwise. Why did he feel this way? There's no way...he was actually in love with Hobie.