Telling Gwen

The following week, all Pav could feel was sadness and betrayal. And all he could think about was Hobie. He didn't realise how much these feeling affected him until Gwen finally confronted him about it one day after school. Pav was walking home when Gwen stopped him by calling his name.

"Hey, Pav...! How are you, are you sure you're okay? You haven't been hanging out with us lately and you're so gloomy all the time." , Gwen put her hand on his shoulder.

Pav tried to hold it in, but it was Gwen, his best friend. He couldn't keep secrets from her.

"Everything went downhill, Gwen." , he clenched his fists, but stopped after Gwen gave him a worried and genuine look.

"Did...did the hangout not do well?"

"It was way worse than just "not well". He's a criminal."

"Sorry, a criminal? Wha-why? How?" , Gwen got shocked by Pav's word choice and wanted to make sure he actually meant it.

"He robbed a store...who knows how many he robbed before...sorry, I have to go-" , Pav tried walking away, but Gwen grabbed his arm.

"He did what?! Pav, I'm sorry...I didn't know- You didn't know who this guy truly was..."

Pav tried pulling away from Gwen's grasp, but she didn't let go and he didn't want to pull her to the ground by drastically pulling away.

"Hey...let's go to my place, okay? You don't have to tell me anything, just please let me make you feel better." , Gwen offered.

Pav just sighed as he didn't want to reject an offer her worried best friend gave.

"Fine." , he said quietly.

The two got to Gwen's house, which was empty.

"Uh, dad's not home right now, so it's just us two. I'll make us tea, okay?" , she turned away from him and went to grab two mugs.

As she was filling up a kettle with water, Pav went to her room. It was pretty dark, since she had her window covered, but it matched her aesthetic perfectly. He couldn't avoid noticing the big drums standing in the middle of her room and as he looked at a clipboard hanging on her wall above her desk, it was full of photos with different people, most of them being with him and also Miles. After a while, Gwen entered the room with two mugs full of tea and put them on her desk. She then smiled mischievously and pushed Pav onto the bed. She covered him with a blanket and as he sat back up, he took a resemblance of a blanket burrito. She sat next to him and cuddled with him while giggling a little. Pav also couldn't help but smile and then chuckle a bit.

"My poor little pookie bear burrito..." , she said in a baby voice mockingly, but that's just how they interacted.

"Stop itttt...!" , Pav chuckled as Gwen nuzzled with him and pet his hair.

"I hope you feel better now! Don't worry, you don't have to tell me a thing if you don't want to, okay?" , she smiled softly.

"I...I actually do." , Pav's expression changed into a more serious one.

"I think...I think I'm in love with Hobie."

Gwen looked at him in shock, her eyes wide open.

"What- You do?! But isn't he..."

"Yeah, I know. A criminal. But he said he needed the money for something. He tried to reason with me and I was the coward to run away. I am just worried about him. What if he's struggling with something and I'm just out here, not helping him at all?" , Pav let it all out.

Gwen hugged him tight, placing his head on her shoulder.

"He might not be a bad person. You wouldn't love a bad guy, I know it."

"But then...what do I do? I want to help him, but I also feel like I am too angry at him to come close."

"Pav, take your time. You need to clear your mind first to think properly and make decisions."

The two sat in silence, Gwen grabbing the two mugs, handing one to Pav, the two drinking the tea.

"I didn't over-sweet the tea this time, don't worry."