The call

Pav went through his next week feeling extremely guilty. Every time he tried clearing his mind, the unbearable guilt and sadness came right back to him. He felt like he did the wrong choice and that Hobie didn't deserve it at all. He thought of how mad Hobie must be at him right now, making him more and more pulled away from the option of coming back, saying sorry and hugging him endlessly. Sadly, Gwen had to witness his sadness every time she saw him, trying to give him space at first, but then being more concerned, asking what's wrong. "I did a bad choice." , was all he could say to it, even to his best friend. Gwen tried comforting him and making him feel better, but it worked only a little bit and not for long.
It was another Friday again. He spent the whole week being stuck in his room, refusing to hang out, listening to music while thinking sad thoughts. But this evening was different.
Pav lied on his bed, staring at the ceiling, doing nothing, when his phone started ringing. He thought it was probably going to be Gwen or Miles, asking if he's alright again. But as he looked at the contact name...

Hobie.

That was the last thing he expected to happen. He stared at the ringing phone, panicking over what to do. Wasn't he mad at him? Or sad? What was happening? Why would he call? It was too late to make a decision as his phone stopped ringing. Pav was feeling awful, as it only broke his heart more because he didn't answer the call. No matter what Hobie was feeling like, he just wanted to hear him speak. Be close to him. Prove him that he really cared. But now the opportunity has passed. He sighed painfully and put his phone down beside him.
An hour passed and Pav was thinking about if he should go to sleep earlier and save himself the crushing thoughts or if he should try to distract himself with something. When all of a sudden, his phone rang once more.

It was Hobie again.

He was shocked and also confused as to why he would call again after Pav didn't answer the first time. But this time, he was ready. It was now or probably never. He grabbed the phone and after a few seconds of hesitation, he pressed the answer button.
It was quiet. And since he didn't want to be the first one to say something, he stayed silent. After a few seconds, Hobie's voice finally made an appearance.

"Hey." , he started and paused.

Pav stayed silent.

"This whole week I've been feelin' the worst. I felt guilty and always thought about you. Y'get me now? Makin' you go away makes me feel like awful."

Pav continued to be silent as he felt bad for how the other one felt.

"I am an idiot. I really am. And I'm sorry I made you go through the disappointment."

Pav listened as Hobie poured his emotions out.

"You can now hate me as much as you want, but I just really need to say a confession. I've been thinkin' of it for days and I've finally come to a conclusion. I know this is the worst time to say it, because it might ruin everything even more and you might hate me for it, but I don't care. Pav you made me feel better in these struggling' days. I've never felt so good with someone before. I don't wanna stretch it, so Imma get to the point.

I think I have feelings for you. Like- love. It's a'ight if you don't feel the same, which you most probably don't anyway, but I had to say it. I'm goin' to another town on Sunday, so we probably won't see each other anyways. So, I guess this is it, hm...Even though you're quiet, I'm glad you picked up. And I'm glad I met you. See you, Pav."

Pav was about to say something, but the call ended right after Hobie ended his sentence.