Indenial

Jade's POV: (Written in second person point of view)

———

You think you're going mad when you keep glancing at her position from your seat.

You know you have to behave. This is your older brother's wedding and you should be focusing on this wonderful occasion, of two hearts vowing for eternal love in the eyes of everyone and God.

But you just can't.

There's just something about that woman that you saw fleetingly in the church earlier, who's name you now conveniently know as Althea due to your unexpected encounter in the woman's restroom.

Your encounter with her was by far funny, a little bit embarrassing, but not short of charming, even if let's say a perfect meeting setting is not the woman's restroom.

You still find her enchanting anyways, guilty as you feel about it, she had you there.

Her presence is alluring and she's too beautiful up close. You aren't insecure of your own beauty, you already know that you're good looking, but up close to her, you can't help but suddenly feel uneasy.

It confuses you suddenly, as if you're swayed with something, an unnamed emotion that you just can't classify. A dictionary probably won't be able to help you, much less Britannica Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, or even the almighty Google that has helped you countless times with your academic needs.

There's just this kind of feeling that makes your heart jump wildly in your rib cage, the kind that makes your stomach flutter like it contained a thousand butterflies, and it gives you mixed emotions of confusion and curiosity. Along with these emotions however, came with a sense of underlying dread, but the small voice inside you drowns that emotion as it keeps whispering softly in your mind, that more than anything else, you just want to feed that curious side of you.

You just want to know more about her even more due to that after-taste of meeting her.

Not that it would be an easy task anyways, since you are having an after-party lunch. Though you're guilty for not paying any attention to whatever's happening in front of you, where your Dada's making a speech to the newly weds.

Just where exactly did your manners went? Oh, right, you left it in the cubicle earlier.

You sigh internally.

You're just too concentrated on glancing at Althea's direction to even give a care anymore for your Dada's whole speech. You mentally send an apology to him.

When Althea suddenly glances at your direction, your eyes now staring straight into hers, you swore internally, as if you were a child caught with her hand in a cookie jar.

Quickly, you turn your attention away from her and blinked, glancing around nervously as you try desperately to act like you were just looking around, as if you weren't curiously looking at her.

You already doubt that she'd be fooled with your actions when you glance back at her direction from the corner of your eyes and see that she's still staring at your direction, a hint of a smile slowly making its way on her lips as you establish eye contact again.

And you smile.

God, you just can't help yourself to not smile at her, however small and unsure you feel, but get back your baring when a thought passes through your mind.

Why exactly were you feeling like this? Like you're slowly falling deeply into her? Like it's suddenly just you and her, and everybody else doesn't matter? It's like the very same kind of sensation you felt back at the church earlier, the one where Sally said was a sign of your encounter with your soulmate.

It strikes you hard.

Something just doesn't seem right here.

The moment she looks away, you also averted your attention and the smile on your lips drop quickly.

You take your wineglass to toast for your brother and his wife on cue with the other guests. You take a quick sip of your champagne, uncertainty again surfacing into your mind.

Something's changing inside of you, but you try to deny it.

———

A/N: Hi, it's me again. Wrote a really quick shot based on Episode 1. I really liked Jade and Althea's meeting in the restroom, it was very adorable.