In The Storm

Jade's POV (First person POV)

———

I walk off, angry, confused, and most of all—scared, away from Althea as far as I could, away from the bubbling anger and frustration of our conversation and out of the living room for as far away as I can from the person I love.

I don't want to think of what Althea brought up. I don't want to think of facing my family, knowing where this will get us, and knowing just how keen they are to separating both Althea and I from one another.

I know she's jealous, I know she wants me around her and I don't doubt the love in her eyes even amidst the anger that's boiling in the surface of our situation, but why can't she trust me?

I love her with every part of my being and no one will replace her in my heart as long as I love her and only her. Even if I can't say the same for the future, I know that she's the one who holds the space in my heart right now and I'm holding to that truth because that's how I really feel.

If there's anything that I'm surer in my life, it's her presence in my life. I know I haven't fully sat down with her and told her how much she meant to me, it's corny and sappy and all too much like those love stories in television, but she's the color to my otherwise monochromatic world.

My world stopped being anything but happiness until she came. My world never centered on David, even when I was with him, I always have to find a way to keep my happiness and I left for abroad without even thinking that he'd miss me. I never longed for him during the time I travelled abroad.

It's never the same with my situation with Althea.

I long for her every day when she's not with me, but I can't do anything when I'm chained to my situation, to David, my family, and my life as the heiress of a rich Filipino-Chinese family.

I know that our situation is only temporary, that somewhere in the future, Althea and I can be together again after everything has passed, but it'll take time.

I understand if she's sick of waiting for me, but I don't want our relationship to end because of my family, I don't want to give her up. It would be too much, I might not be able to take handling losing her.

She's the clarity to my otherwise steadily dim and messy life. I want to fight for us for however long I have, for however long our love will persist, even till death do us part because I can't fight alone in this storm without her.

I pause from walking away and took a deep shaky breath in, one hand running through my hair. I shake my head, tears at the corner of my eyes that threatened to fall. I blink them away, hoping it would dissipate, but it fell down my heated flushed cheeks. 

The drops were equally as warm as my skin while the cold night breeze cooled them, as if trying to wipe them off.

I release an equally shaky breath and closed my eyes, leaning on the wall for support, as more tears cascaded down my cheeks.

I find myself again helpless to the storm that I'm caught in and maybe it will take more than just a while for it to go away.

——— 

A/N: I'm having writer's block to be honest. I'm struggling to write because I can't find the inspiration and I'm hoping my muse comes back. I'm sorry for not updating often too. Aside from writer's block, I'm doing other things apart from school.