Re: Start; to love again

Althea's POV: (2nd person)

———

You've been advised to pick your battles, never to go into one without knowing what you're up against, what consequences and loses you're about to face, and what value you're going to receive at the end of your struggles. You're a businesswoman, you're the president of your own business and you know this like it's the back of your hand, but when you're up against battling your own emotions and heart, you know you can't pick your battles.

It's hard to stop feeling, falling, and loving. Even you tried, just like flowing water—it'll burst from whatever container it's held the moment a crack forms. You know this one very well. From when you first fell in love with a girl back during your teens, to your phase of self-denial over your own sexuality, up to this very moment, you know how it feels to struggle against reigning your feelings.

You aren't that time of person that charges into senseless relationships or to look for a fling just so you'd feel loved, needed, and wanted. No, you're not like that.

You want a real relationship. Something that would last long—  if possible, forever and until death do you part. But time and time again, it seem as if life didn't want you to find the person who would love you truly, someone who could shoulder your burdens and carry you over through the pain and the hardships of life. 

After a series of failed relationships all ending miserably with you getting hurt, you've turned away from love. More so with your latest break up with your now ex-girlfriend, Wila. Just being reminded of the reason why you broke up with her leaves a bitter taste in your mouth and you'd rather not think about it. 

There's no such worth in entertaining thoughts about someone who cheated on you. But even if you did learn to shrug the issue away, that didn't mean that it hurt you less. You mourned for the lose of your relationship, although as often volcanic as Wila's tempers, you were happy with her and you did love her and that's what hurts the most.

So could you blame yourself for giving up? For starting to lose all hopes of every finding "The One"?

You've already exhausted your heart and you doubt getting into another relationship will end well for you. You're already at your limits and you plan to just practically quit to focus on your business and finding your son.

But that's not how life goes. You aren't in control of your own destiny because someone from heaven's above is weaving your story.

You may have a set of plans already ahead of you, but God can intercept it, however he wants to. And he did.

You were offered to coordinate a big wedding for the eldest son of a wealthy multi-billionaire family, the Tanchingcos. You took it without hesitation even with how demanding and stressful their wants and requirements were for the whole event. The pay is big and the benefit of conducting the event like this would bound to give you more promotions, so you didn't think that you'd get anything else out of this.

Yet you did. 

It came unexpectedly through a fragile and fleeting moment in the church. You were walking out while she was walking to the aisle. You didn't really expect your gaze to linger on her, but the moment your eyes met, you knew in that instant that there's something about her that pulls you in—a feeling much more stronger than the ones you've felt in your previous relationships.

And even though you told yourself that you wouldn't prioritize love, you knew that you couldn't follow that one—that you'd have to bend your own rules.

At that very moment, without you knowing, something clicked in place and it seemed as if everything finally fell into place.

With the singing of the choir, accompanied by the piano and the church bells, your story on love restarts again.

———

A/N: Some of you might think this is angst because of the title, but nope. I'm not about to be a masochist and add angst to a show that's already angst and dramatic. I'm no masochist.

A few cents from me on Althea's thoughts about love, before meeting Jade. Idk, I remember that promotion for TRMD and Althea before it started and the narrator went "2 Days from now, love will find her again" so I thought, why not go with that phrase and see where it'll lead me. This is the outcome of that.

I feel awfully nostalgic right now when I remember that promotion. I want to cry. Hahaha.