Secret's Out

Jade's POV: (1st person POV)

———

The bottle cracked and shards of glass littered the floor, haphazardly flying around to god knows where, but I don't care. Not when my heart is hurting this much—broken into shards just like those pieces of shards on the floor.

I feel so betrayed, so hurt and completely fooled.

You told me before that I could trust you, that we're a couple and we should trust each other and tell one another whatever's bothering us.

But what did you do?

You never told me about your past—about your ex-husband and child. You kept them hidden behind your enchanting smile and I honestly thought, believed even, that I know the real you when in reality, I don't.

I never really knew half of who you really were, I only know you as the person you are, proud and confident, beautiful and charming, but never the person that stayed hidden and shrouded by mysteries and secrets—the past you that was weak and vulnerable.

I wish I knew. 

Has it even crashed into your mind to tell me, about your child and about him? Or were you just going to plan on hiding it from me until the day comes when someone finally slips and tells me the truth, just like when I found out from your ex-husband himself about his relation with you?

I wish you could've just told me, but instead I'm question why couldn't you tell me.

Did you not trust me? Do you think I don't deserve to know the truth?

"Damnit!" I cursed out loud, stomping my feet like an angry child.

I deserve to at least know. I deserve to hear it from you.

You yourself know how much it hurts to feel betrayed and to feel hurt when you learn something about the person you cared for from someone else—you already experienced that feeling when David told you about my engagement with him before—you know how much it hurts to hear the truth coming from another person.

You know that, you've felt it before, but why did you not take that as a warning? Why couldn't you just be honest with me...?

I screamed in frustration and threw the broken bottle in my hand, letting it fall to the ground with a loud crash while I pound my left fist to the wall angrily. Tears endlessly streamed down my cheeks as my whole body shook.

I let myself lean on the wooden shelf for support, slowly sitting down on the floor, far away from where the shards littered. Away from the possible after-thought of wanting to grab one of them even if the temptation is too strong to resist.

All I want to do is just release myself from this world of pain when I find myself wanting to give up on love, on us, and on you whenever I think that we're not ready.

Maybe we were never really ready to be together from the start, especially when all we're doing now is arguing with one another about our situation.

I know from the start that nothing's going to be easy for us, but I still cling on to that thought that one day, I can finally say, that all the pain and tears is worth it just to be with you.

But now your secret's out Althea, and I don't know what to say or do when all I can think about is how you didn't trust me enough.

———

A/N: You know why I wrote this. After that Friday preview, the only feeling I felt was that I got betrayed and it hurts so much. My writing muse kind of died too after all that. =)))