Ch. 19 Dungeon Crawl, The Story of Keele

** setting/facial/emotional change
'' thinking
() author notes
[] reading
Words spell casting _______________________________________________________________________________________

It was yet another day in this wonderful world of fantasy and sorcery, and oddly enough force artifacts and creatures, and I was doing the same thing I had done for several days before and after my incarceration.

Megumin: EXPLOSION!

*KABOOOOOM!*

Megumin had just set off her one explosion of the day, and so since she was unable to do anything else for the time being, I took advantage of the time to work on my force abilities. Sometimes using her as a test subject, but really for the non-harmful ones. This small thing really reminded me of the humble beginnings I came from all those few weeks ago. Ever since Megumin has been "training" with me by using her explosion, she and I had gone out together regularly so she can use it on various locations or objects. Of course, for her, this really didn't do much, though I was able to at least hone my skills with the force more. And though it wouldn't help Megumin much, this was actually great for Yui, since she enjoyed watching us. Darkness would also join us, though she mostly just offered herself as a target, thankfully neither of us would take her offer, but sometimes it seems like Megumin genuinely considers it. Anyways, we've been doing explosions for a few days, when I realized that our funds were starting to run low.... again. While I was freed from paying any fines involving the destruction of the empty mansion of the traitor Aldork, the "almighty law enforcer" Sena has made us go on so many quests that don't get us paid that we have been doing nothing but losing money. Astarte has brought us provisions from her kingdom at times, but I feel kinda bad to mooch off her since we aren't married or anything. Of course she just uses the excuse of "giving food meant for Yui, but 'accidentally' bringing too much" so I don't make an issue of it. Though as far as the marriage part, we seem to agree to liking each other, but apparently there is a lot of red tape involving her kingdom and her being a queen trying to marry what is essentially a commoner that isn't even a part of her kingdom. Long story short, we need money, and Kazuma had raised an idea to me that he got from Luna the guild worker.

*Timeskip*

It was the next day as Kazuma, Aqua, Darkness, Astarte, Yui, and myself were now sitting around a table as we were about to present our idea to the others. Of course, there is only one problem that will come from our idea. However, we also had a strong influence for going through with this idea.

*sound of collective stomachs growling*

Hunger.

Kazuma: *stern* We're going on a dungeon raid.

Megumin: *immediately* Are not.

(Y): Yes, we are.

Megumin: *teary eyed* No please, not that! You know I'll be basically useless in there if something attacks us! If I can't unleash my explosive power, I might as well be an ordinary girl!

(Y): We cannot limit ourselves by what only one of us can handle. There are few choices for quests at the moment, and I doubt you guys would want to do another toad killing quest. A dungeon raid will be able to give us plenty of loot and at least be a breath of fresh air.

Kazuma: Listen, if you can't use explosion in there, you can do other things, right? Why not just smack people with that stick you always carry? You don't even shoot your spells from it, it's like a glorified walking stick. Or hey maybe you can carry whatever loot we find in the dungeon, and we'll just guard you!

Aqua: Why don't we just wait until Megumin learns some new spells and then we can go on the raid?

(Y): Because she refuses to learn any other spells.