Chapter 235: The End of the Line

Ayanokouji POV

I'm still at the mall with Kurumi and Ai. 

I told them that we should be heading back so that we discuss more about our plans. 

But they decided that we should have ice cream for a bit and do some more sightseeing. 

I wanted to refuse again but they somehow gave me these puppy eyes. 

I know I wouldn't be easily guilt tripped by people like them since I could come up with 5 different excuses. 

But since they wanted to treat me with ice cream. 

It's an opportunity that I can't just pass up. 

3rd person POV

Hayasaka: How was the ice cream Kiyotaka-kun? 

Ayanokouji: Good.

Kurumi: That's great that you're enjoying yourself. Are you?

Hayasaka: It's still hard to tell honestly. Have you ever changed your expression at least a little?

Ayanokouji: Who knows. 

Both girls are still puzzled despite already knowing about him enough. 

One thing they can't seem to figure out is why Kiyo still couldn't manage to change his expression up to this point. 

Kurumi: *Sigh* Kiyotaka-kun...

Ayanokouji: Yes?

Kurumi: Do you think that the 6th generation wouldn't attack us during the exam itself? 

Ayanokouji: That's still up for debate, but I can trust mine and Sora's prediction. I doubt they can do much in this exam. They're after something else. 

Hayasaka: Like what?

Ayanokouji: I'm not sure yet. I doubt that the rest also have an idea as of right now. For now, we should stay on high alert. They could try to use the same tactic as they did before the sports festival. But rather than our best athletes. They could wipe us all out in one fell swoop.

Kurumi: Is that so? But we should be prepared for it this time. Right?

Ayanokouji nodded. 

Ayanokouji: (But I also doubt that it would be the case. I've slowly but surely figured out how the 6th generation operates at this point. They wouldn't stick to one plan or two. They seem to have varying ways to deal with us with one simple goal. To get rid of me.)

Just then.

His phone has rung. 

He immediately checked out the caller and it was Shiro (Masakatsu). 

Ayanokouji then answered the phone.

Shiro: Kiyotaka-kun.

Ayanokouji: Shiro.

Shiro: Has Haru-kun made contact with you? 

Ayanokouji: Contact? through text message yes. 

Shiro: I got the same one.

Ayanokouji: Hmm?

Shiro: He's probably planning something. I know I trust him but given what he's done so far-

Ayanokouji: I know. We'll meet with him soon enough.

Shiro: Anyways, I'll see you later. 

He then hung up. 

Kurumi: Was that Shiro-kun? 

Ayanokouji: Yeah. Now that I think about it. I have something to do, I need to get back to the hotel if that's okay with the two of you.