Chapter 5

As I walked around the ballroom, people would wish me a happy birthday and I would talk to the them for a bit. Some of my guy friends would ask me to dance. The Cullens and Denalis even talked to a few of my friends and the gods. But I still didn't see Luke. I was starting to worry. I decided to go out on the balcony for fresh air. I know Dad, my uncles, and Percy were worried about me. My dad and uncles were talking to Chiron, all of them casting quick glances at me. Percy was with his girlfriend, Annabeth. They both would look at me every few minutes like they thought I would disappear. Sighing, I stepped in to the balcony. I don't know how long I was outside before I felt like someone was behind me. I turned around quickly and myself staring into a pair or blue eyes.

"Luke." I said. I practically launched myself towards him and hugged him." I was starting to think you wouldn't come." he hugged me back.

"You know I wouldn't miss this for the world. We are family. I could never forget." he said.

"I missed you." I said.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry I was late. I'll make it up to you. How about a dance?" he asked. I nodded and took his outstretched hand. He led me inside to the dance floor. I could feel the Cullens and Denalis, Hermes, Percy, Dad, and my uncles staring at us. Well, Edward was glaring at Luke and the rest of the Cullens looked worried.
Luke put his right hand on my waist and took my right in his left. I guess he felt Edward's glare because he looked back at him.

"Hmm... Does someone have a crush on my best friend?" He asked jokingly. I laughed as he brought me into a dip.

" I wouldn't call it a crush. We dated for about a year." I said.

"So you guys broke up?" Luke asked. I nodded.

"Should I go kick his ass for hurting you?" I laughed.

"Dad and Percy might beat you to it. They were mad that they weren't there when it happened. I'm actually surprised that they haven't tried anything yet." I said. It was Luke's turn to laugh.

"Oh how I've missed you Bella. I've missed Percy too. I should go and say hi. Where is he?" This surprised me.

"Haven't you seen him at camp? He was there all year with Annabeth." I said. He looked down. "Luke. Where have you been?" He wouldn't look at me.

"Listen Bella. Something is going to happen soon. I want you to come with me," he started. We stopped dancing and he finally looked at me.

"Luke. Why were you late?"

"I'm sorry Bella. They said they wouldn't hurt you, or Percy or Sally. I couldn't let anything happen to you.           So-," I cut him off.

"Who is 'they'?" I asked. Luke looked away from me again. I looked around and noticed he was looking at the big clock above the doors. It was almost midnight. We had about 29 minutes. Luke looked at me again and grabbed something from his pocket.

So I was thinking about doing a Q&A. If you think it's a good idea then message me your question or comment it. There is no certain amount of questions I need. Even if I get only two I would still do this and answer them. If there are a lot then I'll probably save some for another time. If you want to be given credit for your question then just tell me when you tell me the question. They next chapter will be dedicated to the person whose question I like the most.