Chapter 7

Bella's POV

If you asked me in 50 years (assuming I live past the age of 21) how the battle went, I couldn't tell you. I'd probably tell you to leave me alone and ask someone else. The shock of Luke's betrayal was still there, along with all the pain it brought with it.

Third Person POV

The losses weren't bad. We lost two satyrs and one wood nymph. The number of injuries was worse. Almost every single person that fought had some sort of injury. Something small like a cut or broken bone or something worse like a spear thought their shoulder. Percy was getting his injuries attended to. He had his left arm in a sling and was getting his torso wrapped by Apollo. A few more scraped and bruises but small in comparison to what he has had in the past. She had it worse. Even with her new armor. The armor that Luke gave her. The armor that was suppose to protect me and be impossible to pierce. At some point during the battle, the necklace was torn off and the armor disappeared. She fought the rest of the battle with only her sword. No armor and no shield. She heard Percy tell her to lay down so someone could heal her but Bella kept walking towards the doors. She had to leave, had to find Luke. She had to find out if it was true. If he had really joined Kronos. If he had really left her, betrayed her. She didn't want to believe it. Believe that he led an attack on Olympus on her birthday. She could see the concerned and worried looks on the faces of many people. Mainly her friends, but at the same time she could. She could only see the doors. They were right there. Bella felt hands grab her and turn her around. Her dad's worried face was the last thing she saw.

Still Third Person

Her hearing came first. There was a beeping sound and people talking quietly. Then feeling. It started at her toes and moved up. She slowly started to move her fingers and the talking stopped. Next she tried to open her eyes. Bella got it on her fifth try. The first thing Bella saw was Percy and her dad talking to Chiron and then all looking at her.

"Bella?" asked Chiron. Bella looked at him and saw he was holding a glass of nectar to lips with a straw in it. She greedily drank it.

"How do you feel?" Percy asked.

"Like I've been hit by a bus, microwaved for ten minutes, then thrown back in front of the bus. How long have I been out?"

"About a week." said her dad. Bella slowly started to sit up and grimaced. Percy was at her side quickly and helped her.

"What happened?" asked Bella.

"You were trying to get to the doors but collapsed before you could. You had two cracked ribs and four broken ones. One pierced you lung. Multiple minor cuts and bruises all over your body. Sprained left ankle and dislocated right shoulder." Walking into the room, Apollo heard and explained to her. "Basically you've had at least one injury to every part and/or bone in your body. The only bone that has never been injured is your spinal cord. Bella, I have seen you in that bed so many times that I even put a damn plaque on it with your name." (Does anyone know where I got that from?) As he talked, Bella couldn't help but blush. It was true. Though she has only been on seven quests, they were the most dangerous.

"Alright Apollo. That is enough," said Poseidon. "Why don't you check over Bella. Make sure she is okay." Apollo nodded and started checking her over. While he was doing that, Bella turned to her father, brother, and mentor.

Bella's POV

"Why didn't anyone tell me about Luke? How long has he been on their side?" I demanded. They all looked guilty. "Well?"

"Since Percy's first quest when he was twelve. Luke stole Zeus's master bolt and it was blamed on Percy." I sat there in shock.

"Four years? You've known for that long and no one told me? I've been seeing him so many times and all this time he's been a traitor. Why did no one tell me?" I cried. My dad sat on the bed and hugged me.

"You've been through so much already. You were so happy. No one wanted to ruin it. We haven't seen you so happy in a long time. We're so sorry." He hugged me closer as I cried harder. Percy sat on the other side of me and held my hand. Eventually, I fell asleep in the protective arms of my brother and father.

I know. I'm terrible at updating. I take full responsibility and go a head and hate on me for it. It's summertime and hopefully I can write more. I got no questions for the Q&A and no people who wanted dedications. That's okay. It is still open though. I just can't promise when it will be. If you notice any mistakes, please comment on it. I like to hear from my reader and have them help me.
-CJM