spill the tea

"I'm so glad you like it!, I'm actually planning on becoming a part time barista at the coffee shop on the street next to uni, uhm- Tea Cup. You know that one?" 

"Omg, yes that's so cool, you would totally have everyone falling in love with you- ah i mean your coffEe, haha," I choke, as my inner thoughts unravel bit by bit. 

"Aw, your so sweet, in fact I actually planned a double date for us today with Elijah and Jay, hopefully you don't mind this last minute plan," She laughs mildly. 

Well. There goes my afternoon plans. Hahahaha, every heard of actually talking to people before you make plans Sia? Oh well, thats a thing the SOME people do ever so often. I think snarkly, while the green monster of envy strains to be unleashed. 

~~~~

"Jay! Elijah!" Sia shouts across the coffee shop in a yell. Somehow even her yelling voices had a elegant lilt to them, and it didn't seem like she was yelling. Only talking in big letters.

"Sia!" Jay runs to headlock her and rustles her hair. 

I feel like I can't breathe. Like the scent of coffee beans is stuck in my throat and the lavender flowers by the windsill make me nauseous. I thought, that even though Sia was here, I still had a chance. No. Not even a chance. Atleast an acknowledgement that I was here after all the years we've spent together. Like, maybe I mattered, and I wasn't some doll that could be replaced. 

"Alina. " Elijah walks up to me, his hands in his pockets, and a mischievous grin that somehow seemed sad. As soon as he's close enough, he raises his hand and ruffles my hair too. 

"Oh, Alina! Hey," Jay beams, suddenly stopping his teasing with Sia and walks coolly to me.  Oh gee oh gosh, now I suddenly matter? Only after Elijah acknowledges I'm even here? Suddenly, I feel so so bitter. So angry. Jealous. Hateful. Spiteful. Petty. I ignore him. I grab Elijahs hand that's swinging awkwardly by his side and walk towards the menu. 

"Please just go along with this. I know we're just friends. But, can you pretend you're my boyfriend...just for a bit," I whisper to Elijah under my breath, pleading with him with my eyes. He swings his head towards me, jerking it so fast I fear he breaks his neck. His eyes widen. Then shrink back again. And, past me didn't know it, but the slightest hint of hope passed through his dark, brown honey eyes. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 23, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Tangerineजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें