The Attack

Things had died down a bit. You leant against an arcade machine as Darwin and Alex challenged each other.

"You sure you don't wanna play?" Alex asked you for the third time.

"I'm sure," you responded once again. You stood and watched as Alex began to win.

"Jesus man! You're killing me!" Darwin exclaimed.

"Don't beat yourself up, I got a lot of spare time," Alex told him calmly. You glanced over at everyone else and watched Hank close the curtain over the newly replaced window. As he turned to sit back down he made eye contact with you which you immediately broke. You watched the arcade machine a little longer before you started to notice faint thuds.

"D-does anyone else hear that?" Everyone looked at you. "The thudding," you said to your feet. The curtain was opened back up and you all gathered round. There was a moment, but only a moment, of complete silence before you were met with the disturbing image of someone being dropped from the sky and landing directly in front of you. The girls let out a scream which frightened you. The panic amongst you grew as more and more people were dropped. Two agents by the window pulled out their guns and instructed you to stay inside. A red man suddenly appeared and pulled out two knives and began to slaughter anyone who came near him.

"Stay here, my ass!" Darwin yelled. "Let's go!" He signalled to the door and you all ran out. You were met by more agents who forced you back inside despite hearing your objections. So now you were still stuck and through the other window, a tornado tore down Cerebro. You all knew it wasn't natural. Pieces of debris smashed the window and a man in a purple suit stepped in. At the same time the window that had been replaced was smashed again and the red teleporting man stepped in. You were surrounded and the sounds of gunshots blared. You felt your brain overload more and more by the second but masked through it as not to cause more panic. Everything fell silent for a second before you heard voices through the door.

"You want the mutants? They're right through that door... just let us normal people go... we're no threat," stabbed in the back by your own allies. You felt he got his justice though as not even a second later you heard the sound of him being stabbed and collapsing. The door opened and another man walked in, wearing a helmet.

"Where's the telepath?" He asked the red man.

"Not here,"

"Shame... well at least I can take this silly thing off," he removed his helmet. Clearly that meant that the helmet linked to Charles. You thought you ought to remember that. "Good evening, my name is Sebastian Shaw..." so this was Shaw! He took a few steps forward. "And I'm not here to hurt you," he explained that there was a war coming and he wanted people on his side. He told you that you could join him and "live like kings... and queens," he held a hand out waiting for someone to take it. None of you were expecting to join him. Except Angel. She gently took his hand and he led her out of the room and out of the window.

"Angel?" Raven asked.

"Are you kidding me?!" Banshee called frustratedly.

"Come on," she encouraged, "we don't belong here... and that's nothing to be ashamed of," they stood in a line, about to leave.

"We have to do something," Raven claimed stoically. Darwin turned and said something to Alex. They started pushing each other before Darwin stood forward.

"Stop... I'm coming with you," he went to join the others in their line. You couldn't understand why they would want to join such a person. You didn't know much about him, but you knew about Erik's resentment for his actions. The others began to move further across the room. Darwin called out.

"Alex!"

"Get out!!" Raven grabbed your wrist and dragged you out of the room. You heard Alex's shots fired and went to look out but Raven pulled you back.

"Not yet," she told you. Hank and Banshee watched through the doorway to see what was happening. Raven leant over to see but kept you back. Anxiety rose further and further in you and you didn't think you could mask it much longer. In a sudden you heard Raven gasp and she held your face into her chest as to not let you see what she had. The physical contact felt like 1000 electric shocks on your skin. It was so painful.

You sat on the wall behind the others in complete silence. You had masked for too long and now you were burnt out. Your senses felt even more hypersensitive than before. You couldn't even speak. The others had tried to get you talking, but stopped once you had put your ear defenders on. Even muffled, the sounds hurt. Heard the muffled sound of a car pull up. A sudden painful shock of excitement hit you. Charles and Erik were back. You looked up and watched Charles get out of the car and run towards the group.

"Y/n? Raven?" He called as Raven got up and embraced him. As soon as they glanced in your direction you looked down. Not daring to attempt eye contact. When you slowly looked back up, Charles was speaking to the group. You didn't listen to what was being said. But after a few minutes everyone got up and walked off. Raven leading them. Charles and Erik stayed behind. Charles came towards you and sat down next to you. He held out his hand in front of your face to get your attention without touching you. When you looked up at him he gestured to you to take your ear defenders off. You obeyed but looked back down. "You've masked for too long again, haven't you?" You nodded. "Well... we're going home now, Y/n, and maybe..." he pulled his playful grin that almost felt as if it was just for you. "I'll make you a hot chocolate when we get back," you couldn't help but smile back. "Can I touch you?" You shook your head. "Ok, follow me then," he got up and you followed.

"So this is yours?" Banshee asked, admiring the monstrosity that was your childhood home.

"No, it's ours," Charles stated proudly. You had managed to calm down on the way down. You were stimming the whole way and unmasking.

"Honestly Charles... I've no idea how you coped, living in such hardship..." he said. This confused you slightly but you knew that Erik liked telling jokes, so you assumed it was a joke.

"Well it was a hardship softened by us!" She said walking into Charles' arms. You followed her and clung on to his free arm. "Come on! Time for the tour," she led everyone in and as soon as you entered the door you ran straight to your bedroom to make sure everything was exactly as you had left it.