Training Mutants And Autistic Meltdowns

You sat down on your bed after making sure that everything was exactly how you had left it. You were so exhausted that you laid down and felt your eyes closing until there was a knock. You didn't answer but Charles opened the door anyway, mug in hand.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" He asked as he set the mug on your bedside table and sat next to you.

"Yes," you replied.

"Good... can I touch you?" He asked again.

"Yes," you repeated and he put his arm around you shoulder and pulled you in. You leant into his chest and listened to his heartbeat for a little bit.

"Ok..." Charles always thought before asking you questions like this because sometimes you had to be asked in a particular way in order for you to answer. "Last night, you masked for a long time... why?" You let out a long sigh as you thought about how to word your answer.

"When they attacked... everyone was already so scared... so I didn't want to make things worse by having a meltdown..."

"I see," you broke free of his grasp and picked up the mug he had brought up and sipped your drink. "Are you sure it wasn't because of what happened before? With Raven?"

"Umm..." You thought hard. But you didn't always know why you did things. "I don't know..." you placed your mug back down and began fidgeting with your hands.

"That's ok, I understand that you didn't want to be a burden... but I've told you this before, you're not a burden and you don't need to mask because I know it hurts you," he replaced a reassuring arm around you.

"Ok," you responded.

"You'd better get some sleep, we've got a big week ahead," Charles got up and closed your curtains. He then pulled your sheets open and turned away as you changed into something more comfortable. You laid in your bed and he placed the sheets over you and kissed you on the forehead.

Day One:

The next day, training started for everyone. You watched in awe as everyone began to strengthen their abilities. Raven didn't have any way to improve her abilities, so she mainly stayed inside doing workouts. You didn't think you had any improvements you could make either. But Charles, as always, had other ideas.

"Where are we going?" You asked as You toddled along behind Charles and Erik.

"Remember that bunker downstairs that I let Alex use?" He turned to you as you nodded in response. "I thought it would be good for you to use as well," the two men led you to the bunker and Charles walked inside with you while Erik hovered in the doorway for a second. Almost as soon as the lights came on Charles turned to him. "Erik the lights please?" Erik turned the lights off then entered the bunker, closing the door behind him. Leaving you in pitch black. Neither of you could make out anyone's shape.

"How much light can you create, Y/n?" Erik asked. You thought for a moment but you weren't sure how to answer with words, so you demonstrated by creating a beam of light in your palm. The beam of light was about the same brightness as a standard torch. So not a lot. Enough to fully light a small area of the bunker.

"This much," You held the beam at an angle where you could partly see Charles and Erik.

"Can you do that with both hands?" Erik pressed. You made a beam with your free hand of the same light. It just looked like you were holding two torches.

"Yes," you finally replied. You used each beam to light each of the two's faces even more. It wasn't much light compared to the whole room. You knew this. "I want to make it brighter," you explained. "I want to light up this whole bunker!" Charles and Erik both chuckled.