Flying

Time stopped.

That familiar sound of the wind filled your ears. A huge comfort as you body finally felt released.

You could see light through your eyelids.

You couldn't feel anything around you except the wind pressure, cooling against your skin. The heavy breeze drying the tears you didn't even know had formed.

You could smell the sea air.

You could taste the dry wind hitting your tongue. It made you mouth feel cold. Like drinking water after eating a mint.

Relief swept over you as you felt the tension, the anger, the anxiety disappear.

You let out a sigh of relief.

Freedom.

Calm.

Flight.

"Y/N!!" You suddenly snapped out of your trance and you eyes flew open. The dread hitting you square in the chest as you saw what had really happened.

You weren't flying.

You were falling.

You had fallen through the hatch and out of the  jet.

"I've got them!!" You heard Erik cry as you descent hit a pause. He used his mutation to hold you by the metal clips on your suit. As the jet fell he struggled to keep a hold of you. Your body was thrown about as you all fell before Erik managed to hoist you up. "Take my hand!" He called as he pulled you closer. You obeyed and he pulled you into his grasp before throwing you back through the hatch. Charles gripped you tightly in his arms for a moment before releasing one arm to grab Erik.

"Erik! Take my hand!" He obeyed and Charles pulled him up to you both before the jet became uncontrollable. The three of you were thrown about and landed in a heap with Erik on top. He used his mutation to hold you three against the side as the jet tumbled to the ground. You all cried out as you felt the impact with the land. The plane rolled a few times before coming to a calm stop. Erik gently released you both and Charles threw his arms around you. You hugged him back tightly. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He asked quickly.

"Umm, a little bit..."

"I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have brought you here! You're too young!"

"No! I want to be here! I want to be where you are!" You quickly replied. "I'll be alright," Charles nodded gently then stood up. He helped you up and went around releasing everyone's seatbelts. Raven ran up to you and hugged you.

"God! You're so stupid, y/n! Never do that again!" You shrugged her off and awaited Charles' orders. He commanded that Erik should go after Shaw, backed up by Beast and Havok. Banshee was still out there on his own, but would meet you guys on the beach. Moira was to keep in touch with the nearby ships and Raven was to take care of anything that came near the entrance of the plane wreck. Charles remained where he was and was in touch with Erik.

"What should I do?" You asked.

"Stay with Raven, if you see anything you think you can handle, handle it!"

"Ok!" You replied and went to join Raven. With these orders, the battle had truly began.