The Beach

As you stood with Raven you noticed Banshee and Havok land on the sand with a thump. You saw above them, Angel. She was dead set on them and tried to attack them with the flaming balls she spat. You had an idea.

"I'll be right back!" You called as you ran towards them, ignoring Raven's cry for you to come back. You thought you could handle it. So you did as Charles had asked. You ran over to Banshee and Havok before looking up at Angel. You concentrated for a moment. "I can distract her, Havok!" You told Havok as you created a small beam of light and directed it towards Angel. You thought about the day you lit up the bunker. How shaky your hands were before that you accidentally got light in Erik's eye. This time it would be on purpose. You shone the light into Angel's eyes and she threw her hand in front of her and drifted off course.

"Nice one, Notan!" Havok called before he threw his energy discs towards her, cutting part of her wings off. She landed on the sand and you and Havok quickly went to help Banshee up.

"Are you ok?" You asked him.

"I'm good! I'm good!" He replied.

"We make a good pair!" Havok said to you with a smile. You nodded in agreement.

"Yeah! We do!" The three of you watched Raven distract the red disappearing man to stop him from harming Hank. You tunend turned around again when you heard a slightly pained groan.

"Banshee?" Havok asked, concerned.

"No I'm good! Just my leg," Banshee said calmly. "Don't worry!" Alex placed Banshee's arm around his neck and held him up. Hank came over and supported his other side. Once you saw that he was ok, you ran back to Raven. A few silent moment going by before you heard an excruciating cry of pain. Thank god your ear defenders were attached to your suit by a clip so they weren't lost when you fell earlier. You threw them on and fidgeted with your hands uncomfortably. It hurt to listen to such a cry.

Though after a moment, it was just silence.

After a minute. Charles and Moira came out to join you.

"Today our fighting stops!" You heard from a distance. You turned around to see Erik floating and holding somebody. The man from the attack on the CIA base. Shaw. But he was dead. He dropped the limp body and gently landed himself on the sand. "Take off your blinders brothers and sisters! The real enemy is out there!" He gestured towards the army ships still out on the water. "I can feel their guns moving in the water, their metal... targeting us! Americans! Soviets! Humans!" Raven slowly made her way over to Banshee, Havok and Beast. You slowly walked closer to Erik, next to Charles. "Go ahead Charles... tell me I'm wrong..." Charles places two fingers to his temple and immediately tensed up. He turned to Moira and nodded. She ran back to the wreck.

"What's going on?" You half whispered.

"Don't worry, y/n, we'll be ok," you nodded.

"Ok,"

In a sudden, your attention was turned to the sea... and all the missiles that were heading straight for you. The sounds felt as if they were piercing through your ear defenders. Anxiety hit your stomach so quick you turned away because you thought you were going to be sick.

Once again, silence.

The the familiar sound of Erik using his mutation. Your turned back around to see him turning the missiles back towards the ships.

"Erik, you said it yourself, we're the better men!" He ignored Charles and continued to turn them. "There are thousands of men on those ships! Good, honest, innocent men!" He took a long shaky breath. "They're just following orders!" Erik turned to Charles slowly.

"I've been at the mercy of men 'just following orders'... never again!" He launched the missiles back.

"No!" You suddenly cried. Everyone else tried to stop him, but he threw them back with the same metal on their suits as he had used to save your life.

"Erik! Release them!" Both your cries just ignored as Erik continued to act recklessly. Charles suddenly began to run towards him.

"Nooooo!" He cried as he tackled Erik to the ground. You squeezed your eyes shut. You brother and your friend fighting was an awful sight. You pressed your hands against the sides of your ear defenders as you began to hear gunshots. Each shot making you flinch.

But you had to be brave!

You opened your eyes to see Moira shooting at Erik, who deflected all the bullets. One after the other. You began to count the bullets. Your count being off from where you had closed your eyes before.

1,2,3,4-

"CHARLES!!"

Horror flooded your entire body and your eyes immediately overflowed with tears as the bullet entered Charles from the back and he collapsed. You felt weak in the knees and thought you were going to pass out as Erik immediately ran over to him and held him. He immediately began to apologise and yelled at everyone to get back. You could barely see as Erik choked Moira, but released her after Charles spoke. He was conscious at the very least. The two spoke for a few moments before Erik signalled to Moira to come over and he stood. You didn't completely focus on what he said as you were slowly creeping over to Charles. You just knew that you were on different sides.

However, your course changed when you saw Raven go over to join him. You ran over to them.

"RAVEN NO!"

"Y/n, please," she tried to turn away from you, but you grabbed onto her arm and refused to let go.

"Please stay with us! Don't leave us! Please!"

"This is the better option for me, y/n," she crouched down to your level. "This will make me happy,"

"But you can be happy with Charles and I! Please Raven! Don't go!" At this point your crying has become hysterical. You were hiccuping between almost every word.

"I'm sorry, y/n! But I'll be happier with Erik, we never got along the way you and Charles do... this might be good for you two as well," you quickly turned to Erik.

"Erik please! Don't tear my little family apart!" Raven stood back up and stepped back. Erik came over to you and took your hand in both of his.

"This is Raven's decision, y/n, you stay here with Charles, and you look after him, ok? Promise me you'll look after him," you nodded gently.

"I promise," you threw yourself into Erik's arms. Knowing you probably wouldn't see him again. "Thank you for accepting me," Erik now took both of your hands and shook them slightly.

"Keep stimming for me, ok?" He cracked a small smile.

"Ok," you turned and gave Raven one last hug. "Goodbye, Raven,"

"Goodbye, y/n, take care of yourself, and Charles,"

"I will, I will, I will," you replied and you watched with still teary eyes as the vanished before your eyes. Now you ran to Charles. "Charles! Are you ok?" Moira and Hank tried to move him but he let out a loud cry of pain that made you flinch.

"Charles don't move!" Hank instructed.

"I- I won't... actually... I can't feel my legs," horror and dread hit you once more and the tears wouldn't stop flowing. He repeated it twice more. Each time hitting you harder then the last.

"I can't feel my legs, I can't feel my legs,"

"That makes three," You whispered to yourself. You grabbed Charles' hand and gripped it tightly as you continued to bawl your eyes out.

Everything had changed.