Sodo - Can you hear the thunder?

NEUTRAL READER
Reader scared of thunder in this

"Dare," Swiss confidently answered, a grin on his face. We'd been playing truth or dare for what felt like hours on the condition that we'd stop if someone was too much of a pussy. The ghouls were all relentless - which i should've expected.
"Give Sodo a little kiss on the forehead," I smirked, pointing off to the ghoul in the distance whose dare was just to have a five minute timeout because of how targeted his truth questions were that he already knew the answers to.

"Easy," he quickly stood up from the circle of crossed legs, literally strutting over to Sodo.
"I can't watch," Cumulus covered her eyes, leaning into Cirrus, who was intently watching. Swiss placed a hand on him, turning him around to face him before placing a quick peck to the confused fire ghouls forehead. Almost immediately a hard slap was heard, a yelp coming from Swiss as he jogged back to sit in the circle. Everyone started laughing, even cumulus had had a peek. Swiss sat awkwardly, aether placing a hand on his shoulder as he pointed to the handprint now on his face.
"Never make a dare like that again, Y/n - or we'll all be suffering Sodo's wrath," he spoke between laughs, taking his hands off the poor victim.

Once we'd eventually caught our breaths and stopped laughing, Sodo's timeout was already over. He ignored the silence, taking a seat next to me.
"Welcome back," I stifled a giggle, "it's Rain's turn to spin the bottle," I tried to get everyone back on track. Rain hesitated, taking a bit to actually process my words before spinning the bottle in the gentlest way possible. It barely did a full rotation when it stopped, landing on Sodo.
"The fuck? Why's it always land on me?" He clenched his fist.
"Truth or-"
"Dare," he interrupted the water ghoul. He was really getting pressed over truth or dare. Poor Rain.
"I'm getting tired," he sighed, obviously thinking of a dare that Sodo wouldn't do just to end the game, "Kiss someone - on the lips."

Sodo looked to his left, Swiss just sat there, unbothered as he rubbed his cheek. He then looked to his right, dead into my eyes. Without even an ounce of reluctance he moved in, catching me off guard as he pressed his lips against mine. I felt a deep blush rise to my cheeks as he kissed me - everyone was watching, and he wasn't just giving me a peck on the lips. I hadn't even realised I was kissing back. His lips moved against mine rhythmically but almost aggressively. His hand moved up, brushing through my hair slightly before he pulled back. I blinked a few times, in shock.

"You realise you could've just given them a light peck..." Phantom spoke up, seeming to be the one not in as much shock as everyone else.
"What would be the fun in that?" He leaned back, completely unbothered. Phantom fortunately acknowledged it was his turn, spinning the bottle. It landed on Aether.
"...Truth or dare," he tried to get past the pure shock basically the whole room was in
"...Truth..."
"What's your favourite Colour?"
"Oh no... I can't answer it, I guess the game has to end now," he lied, trying to get out of this atmosphere. The whole circle except Sodo quickly nodded in agreement.
"Finally," Sodo seemed like he was trying hard not to argue.

One by one the ghouls left to go to bed. It was already late, the clock showing 4AM - but the added shock was probably the main thing that made them leave. When the last of them were leaving, the weather started to get bad. Raindrops slammed against the windowpanes, the wind making them creak as well as making the hallways quietly howl. I felt myself go pale when the thunder started. I'd always had an irrational fear of it and not being anywhere near my bed to hide under the covers was just a terrible feeling. Four hands rested on my shoulders, making me flinch. Sunshine, Cirrus, Aurora and Cumulus bowed down into my sight.
"See you in the morning, fire ghoul kisser," Cirrus chuckled before they all walked away. Sodo was the only one left, annoyingly enough. We sat in silence, the only movement between us was my shaking.
"Might as well go to bed now too," he stood up, "Night, Y/n."

A louder Crash of thunder echoed throughout the ministry, lighting the dark room up with a flash of bright light, casting shadows across the room. As if by reflex, my hand quickly reached up, grabbing his sleeve. He didn't shake me off and instead paused, looking back at me.
"If this is about the ki- oh," he crouched down after a good look at me. My eyes were definitely leaking as I trembled, my grip never leaving his sleeve, "is it the thunder?" He raised an eyebrow. I nodded, looking to the ground. "Well the ministry is safe, unless it directly hits whatever room you're in..." he tried to help, but only made things worse
"You're a dick," i jokingly slapped him, though I was mad at his very poorly thought out words
"Hey, says the one that gave that dare to Swiss,"  he stood back up, "well I should go-"
"Please don't leave me... Sodo," i brought out the big guns, using his name and staring into his eyes. It always worked to get him to do what I wanted - it was so extremely convenient now.
"I don't know what you want me to do, i don't control the weather... but I guess I can stay," he sighed, sitting down on the floor next to me again.

He didn't speak a single word and I didn't look at him once. Every strike of thunder I'd jolt, but my shaking stayed consistent. He'd occasionally shuffle, but he never did anything else. I had let go of his sleeve, holding my head in my hands with my knees to my chest. I couldn't even think about how he'd kissed me just minutes ago, the thunder frightening me enough to fill my mind completely. A louder bolt roared, shaking the walls and floor of the room. I quickly turned, hugging Sodo for comfort. It wasn't like I'd never hugged him before, so he didn't seem to find it weird. He only seemed surprised. He overly warm, like hugging a hot water bottle with a thin sleeve over it - it was nice judging by how cold the room had gotten. My head was against his chest, and his heart was beating faster and faster.
"Are you scared of thunder too?" I questioned, speaking into his shirt
"No? Id have left you behind if I were," he retorted. Why was his heart beating so fast then? I tried to distract myself, striking up conversation, but in the most awkward way possible
"Why did you kiss me like that?" I asked, his heartbeat getting faster again. I think I finally understand why his little stone heart keeps doing that.
"Why did you kiss back?" He stiffened, silencing me.

Why did I kiss back? It's not like it was my dare, it was his. Would he have kissed back if the roles were reversed? Why was thinking about his chapped lips on mine making me feel so warm and fuzzy inside? And then I felt it. An obsession, a love for the man that was sat so awkwardly in my hug. How had I not realised this feeling before? Why-

I jumped at the thunder again, pushing myself onto him more. He brought an arm around my shoulders, holding me in an embrace.
"Are you... um... alright?" He patted my back twice.
"What do you think?" I groaned, "My best friend kissed me and there's a thunderstorm," I clung onto the loose fabric of his clothes like my life depended on it.
"You're taking it personally?" He had stopped being an annoying little ghoul, actually allowing normal conversation.
"I don't even know. I can't tell if you were being competitive, a dick or lovey."
"Just about all three," he bowed his head so it rested on mine, "I'm sorry," he sighed.
"Do you love me?" I questioned casually, though he didn't respond. I pushed myself up off of him as much as I didn't want to part. "Sodo?" I stared into his eyes full of thought. He nodded.
"I might've been being competitive, but I couldn't have given you a kiss like that if I didn't love you." He admitted. How had I never even thought of this before, and why did I so suddenly want to empty my heart out to him.
"I love you too..." I fidgeted with my fingers. His eyes lit up, but so did the sky. Before I could hear the noise of the thunder he covered my ears, pulling me in and kissing me with more care than he had used before. I barely even noticed the strike outside the window, his palms not only silencing it but also distracting me by deepening the kiss. He had his ways apparently. My hands clumsily rested on the floor either side of him, getting pulled to him making all my weight shift to him. He wasn't as aggressive this time, possibly because he'd already gotten his chance to kiss me before. Though it wasn't dramatic, it distracted me greatly. It seemed as if he had made time stop.

I reentered the world as he pulled away from my lips, hands still resting softly on the hair over my ears. I opened my eyes to see his smile, wide and wholesome. He'd smiled the same as we kissed, I'd never seen someone so genuinely happy. My hands snaked up, holding his warm hands over my ears, entwining our fingers as I brought his hands down. Despite the weather outside, he made me feel calm and safe. And though he definitely couldn't do that with his words, he did with his lips.
"We're definitely going on a date tomorrow," he kissed my knuckles, words breaking the silence.
"We can't- you have practice," I frowned, trying to keep him away from his bad habits of just skipping it completely
"Papa cancelled it," his grin grew, "so what do you want to do?"