Sodo - Sweet Tooth*

NEUTRAL READER
Craving Lidl fizzy worms. Oneshot about Lidl fizzy worms is the only solution.
I couldn't find a song lyric for the title (*) which probably makes sense. Also if you've ever watched horimiya start getting flashbacks.

Your sweets keep going missing so you decide to investigate

I sighed, throwing a new bag of sweets into the empty cupboard. Ever since Papa told us we couldn't horde food in our rooms I hadn't had a single sweet thing. I usually would collect several bags of sweets so I'd have a choice when I'd actually want them, but that could no longer happen. Every time I checked the cupboard it was empty. Someone kept stealing my sweet treats. I'd been buying these same fizzy worms for two weeks, and not once have I been able to try them. I had a plan this time.

"Everyone sees them in there, right?" I pointed at the lonely packet on the corner of the shelf, the ghouls all sat around the nearest table, either scrolling on their phone or eating. They all looked up, looking at me like I was crazy. They slowly nodded. "Okay- so everyone knows anything in this cupboard is mine, right?" I waited for an answer, which was just them slowly nodding again. "So who keeps stealing my stuff?" I stepped forward, glaring at everyone accusingly. The table broke out in many voices at the same time, people denying, people being annoyed that I was even accusing them and people pointing fingers.

"One at a time," I spoke louder, enough to catch their attention, "I'm very upset by this matter," I spoke formally, treating this like a court session.
"I don't eat that kind of stuff," Swiss crossed his arms, clearly lying. He was hoarding sweets in his room still, it was incredibly obvious.
"Yes you do," Sodo glared across the table at Swiss
"I have my morals," Aurora held her hands up
"I don't like the stuff you pick," Phantom crossed his arms, receiving a flick on the shoulder from Aether.
"I only steal from Swiss' cupboard," Mountain spoke next to me, taking from his cupboard in front of everyone. Swiss didn't even care, starting an argument with Sodo instead.
"Maybe I do, but I didn't want to look suspicious," he leaned back, replying late to what Sodo had said
"So you're saying you do steal from them?" The fire ghoul raised an eyebrow.
"No, I just didn't want you all to start accusing me. I wouldn't steal from Y/n," Swiss sounded rather innocent, as suspicious as he kept making himself look. "Besides, I hear Sodo's door opening and closing every night. That seems more suspicious," he pointed at the ghoul who was going a little red
"For your information I... have a weak bladder," Sodo argued back, going a little quiet. Did he really need to confess that?
"So who keeps stealing my stuff?" I repeated blinking a few times as I looked around the room, trying to read everyone's expressions. I didn't need to know, I was going to stay in the kitchen all night waiting for the culprit, but a confession would make me a lot less angrier than catching someone in the act of thievery. Everyone simultaneously shrugged, no one speaking the truth. It had to be one of them, it couldn't be anything else. Whoever is lying will feel my wrath sooner or later.

Eventually everyone had decided to go to bed. It was a tiring day and thankfully I was practically high on caffeine. It motivated me enough to clean the floor so I could place a cushion down to sit on and lean my back against a counter as a hiding spot. I turned the lights off and sat down, turning my phone's brightness all the way down. It seemed a little over the top now I was in position, but it was worth it to catch that thieving rat.

I had distracted myself with my phone for several hours, but checking the time to see 4am made me want to give up. Who's getting up at 4am to steal sweets? I clicked my phone off, putting it in my pocket and leaning my head back. Maybe I should've just agreed with Sodo, Swiss was being very suspicious - and he was known to love sweets. Sodo was on my side as well, he was practically arguing for me. I felt the corners of my lips rise into a smile. For someone to stick up for me like that... it's so... attractive. He was like my knight in shiny armour - maybe I should've asked him to stay with me, maybe we could have bonded more, maybe we could have-

I snapped out of my fantasising state, jolting upright at the sound of footsteps drawing closer. I listened closely, making sure I moved around the counter when the footsteps got close so I wasn't seen. The room was too dark to see, but I could see that they had stopped right where my cupboard was and I could hear the rustle of plastic as my bag of sweets was picked up and opened. I rushed to the light switch, flicking it on and blinding myself in the process. I spun around to see the sweet eater only to see none other than... Sodo? Sodo with a weak bladder? The one who argued for me? That was all a lie? I felt like I was about to deflate.
"You." I glared, three fizzy worms hanging from his mouth. He was frozen, blinking rapidly like a guilty puppy. I rounded the counter, standing in front of him and snatching my bag of sweets from his hands. "I can't believe it's you!" I yelled angrily, not really caring that it was 4am and people were sleeping. He tried to blame poor Swiss! I had him all wrong. After a few seconds of him staring at me in shock and me staring at him in anger, he slurped up the worms that weren't fully in his mouth, chewing and savouring them right in front of me.

"Where am I? How'd I get here?" He spoke, mouthful of my sweets. He was acting was poor.
"You're still trying to lie? How many times do I need to say that these are mine! Get your own!" I slammed the cupboard shut, taking out a fizzy worm and dropping it in my mouth with the most anger possible. How could he lie to my face like that? How could he so thoughtlessly steal my stuff. The man is evil. Never again will I fantasise about-

Before I could even chew he lunged forwards, smashing his lips on mine, kissing me. My eyes widened and slowly closed. Was this him saying sorry? I leant into it. I guess I could accept this, he did make my heart flutter. He quickly deepened the kiss, our noses having some sort of war against each other. Then just like that he pulled away, keeping his face close as he whispered something, his breath on my lips,
"I'll ask next time..."
He just stepped back and walked off, leaving me stood there in shock. I soon started to realise things, like how the bag of sweets were gone and so was the sweet that was in my mouth. Oh. Disgusting. My hands dropped to my sides, but I remained in a daze. He took my sweets...again? He even took one right from my mouth, what is wrong with him?

I jolted out of my daze again to the sound of footsteps, seeing a figure freeze in the hallway as soon as they saw me. It was Swiss.
"It's not what it looks like-" he spoke normally, even though we were quite a distance apart.
"I know," I spoke with a tone of no emotion, reliving that kiss over and over again in my head. I think I'd done more than catch the culprit, and the culprit did way more than just committing the crime right in front of me. He's going to regret it all tomorrow.