Phantom - You'd Never Want It To Be Over

NEUTRAL READER
Y/n drunken party time (I've never been drunk 💀 or gone to a party 💀)

It had been years since I'd been to a party, even longer since I'd remembered one. Not once had I let a party get boring, but that also lead to many bad things - such as breaking my arm diving into the pool from the roof. Who knew water could hit you like concrete? My excuse for this behaviour was alcohol, lots of it. A party without it was no party at all. Due to strict ministry rules I hadn't been able to go to a party in so long - but now it was different. The band was having an after party.

I slammed my shot glass down, turning and watching Sodo still finishing his.
"You have to be faster, buddy. You're winning no championships like this," I joked, quietly hiccuping. He gulped after putting his shot glass down, face screwing up.
"Winning a shot drinking championship seems like the saddest achievement," his head swayed, clearly affected by it all. I filled the shot glasses again, picking up mine and holding it out, waiting for a clink
"You're wrong - It's the coolest achievement. You're just grumpy because you'll never get to that level," I grinned as he hit his glass against mine, swigging the shot down like water again. He was just taking longer and longer. I slammed my glass down.
"You're pathetic" i furrowed my eyebrows. he didn't even drink all of this one.
"Maybe if we weren't drinking the same dry ass drink with no flavour except hand sanitiser I'd actually enjoy this," He was getting angry.
"I'm sorry mom, I'll get you your red wine," I joked, waving Swiss over. He came, whiskey in hand.
"Want to join a drinking contest?" I took his glass with an unsteady hand, taking a sip then putting it on the counter
"Sure, what are we drinking?" He sat down next to me, ignoring Sodo's clear frustration.
"Probably beer, you know, keep it traditional," I leant over the counter, taking some bottles from a shelf. Who even owned this place?

Everyone opened their own bottles and then after my very uncoordinated countdown, we held the bottles up and drank. I was already pushing my limits, but fun is fun. I finished the bottle, taking a big breath out as I put it down. Again, Sodo hadn't finished his, and Swiss was already passing me another.
"I take it you're out Sodo?" I turned to him, already seeing his frustration
"This game is ass. I'm going to socialise, unlike you saddos," he pushed himself up, walking off swiftly with a slight sway. Too bad he'd already gotten to the stage of having a hangover tomorrow. Someone quickly replaced his spot, making me jump.
"What are you doing?" Phantom spoke with too much interest. Had he even had a drop of alcohol yet?
"Drinking game, wanna join?" I offered him my bottle but he pushed it away
"I'm fine, I'll be your audience," he smiled. I felt my expression falter at just that. Why did his smile always have to make me feel so warm. I tensed at the butterflies, nodding and turning back to Swiss. He almost laughed at my red face, had I not hit my bottle against his he would've been mocking me so hard, instead he was trying to catch what had erupted from his bottle. I drank my full bottle as he panicked.

After another few bottles, Swiss fell off his chair and into Aether's arms.
"Let me go, I can still drink more!" He whined, wriggling around as he was dragged off into the crowd. I couldn't hold in a laugh, pushing my bottle away.
"I am the champion," I flexed, turning back to Phantom. I felt on the verge of vomiting my guts out, but a win is a win.
"You think maybe it's a good time to go home now? You're... swaying," he pointed. I stilled myself
"I'm fine, you can go home if you want," I stood up, him immediately standing with me.
"I'll stay for as long as you stay," he held his hands out protectively as if I was taking my first ever steps. I felt heat rise in my cheeks again, added onto the heat of the alcohol it was practically insufferable. I needed the pool.

He followed me outside, pushing through crowds and somehow not losing me. There were still people outside, enjoying the cool night air. I tapped a random persons shoulder, instantly gaining their attention.
"Want to get in the pool with me?" I grinned. A smirk matched mine as they quickly nodded. I mean, who wouldn't want to get in a pool with me? I started to walk off, getting closer to the pool.
"They're not getting in the pool- sorry," I heard Phantom behind me, making me spin on my heel.
"Oh yes I am," I flicked his chest before kneeling down to take my boots off. I was still wearing my outfit from the show, but I was too eager to jump into the pool.
"Y/n, you're drunk and dressed in all the wrong stuff," he stood in front of me. I stepped back, the heels of my feet hanging off the side of the pool.
"You just want to see me strip," I chuckled. He stuttered, and before he could find the right words I leaned back, arms out, falling backwards into the pool. I saw him flail, trying to catch me but being way too late - which was a funny sight. The water smacked me in the back, enveloping my entire body. The refreshing chill of the water against my overheating skin creating the most amazing feeling. It made me wish I could breathe underwater just to feel it wrap around me for longer. I stayed down for as long as I could, but I did eventually have to come up for air. I burst through the surface, shaking my wet hair and wiping my eyes.
"Fuck, Y/n!" Phantom cursed, looking like he had had a whole panic attack, "Why'd you stay under for so long?!" He dragged his fingers down his face, stressed.
"It was cold...? What's your problem?" I leant back, floating comfortably in the water.
"A drunk person gets in a pool and doesn't float up, I'm meant to not worry? Get out of the pool, Y/n," he crouched down, pointing at the steps.
"Don't be such a sap dude, they're having fun!" The person I had tapped defended me, only to be sent an intimidating glare from the man in front of me.
"I'm not getting out. You'll have to make me," I shrugged. I barely wanted to imagine the feeling of my wet and heavy clothes outside of the water.