Chapter One: Ian's Birthday

Anthony was brought by his carriage to the vast palace for the well known "Andrew Hecox" painter. Him and Andrew knew each other through massive parties invaded by many artists, and Anthony talked about his pieces he would compose for many politicians who wanted to prance around their cement filled mansions. He was also a dear friend with Link Neal, who linked him with Andrew. Neal always had a new groundbreaking idea of human anatomy, and became the stepping stone of proper anatomy of everyone's sketches. Andrew and Link set the groundwork for portraits of this time period, and Anthony couldn't be more than ecstatic to listen to their engrossing fascinations of the human body.

Of course, this party was not another get together with other influencers he knew. This was a birthday party for his dear friend's son. Ian. He was an upcoming painter like his father and helped paint the mural on Link's palace's dome ceiling.

Anthony arrived momentarily, and was greeted by the fountain pouring crystal clear blue water. Water came out of an angel sculpture who was holding a basket of fruit, and flowed down from his fingertips all the way to the bottom of the fountain. The area was surrounded by well maintained bushes and trees. Flowers blossomed under the shining sun in the sky, and the autumn colored leaves splattered all over the concrete walkway. Connecting Anthony to the entrance of the beautifully maintained palace of the Hecox's.

He took his book bag from his golden plated carriage and saw his horse drift away. He stood right in front of the fountain, being in awe of how far Andrew Hecox came. Telling stories during the late nights in the pub being raised in shackles with mud forming at the end of his fingertips. Now becoming a well respected painter who helped sculpt the ground rules of portraits or anything Anthony can think of.  He raised a family like he always talked about to Anthony while being controlled by the alcohol in his hand.

It made Anthony smile knowing his friend was at a good place in his life, and is celebrating the success by performing for his son Ian.

"Right this way Sir Padilla," The butcher said while taking the bookbag away from Anthony.

"Thank you," Anthony nodded his head slightly to show his respect.

Anthony patted himself down, dusting away dirt from his white dress shirt, and adjusted the cuff of his nicely silk blue coat nipped at his waist. The stitching was done by a gold colored thread, and at the end of his coat was designed with swirls. Shining at any direction the light was hit.

His viola performer Dan Howell was right behind him making sure his outfit looked well for the performance. He had his viola case in his right hand and his music tucked in under his armpit. Another maid walked up to Howell and removed the items from his hand and body. Offered to carry them into the palace. He had his usual concert black outfit on and his hair done with a slick back, something unusual for men to wear.

Anthony was greeted by Andrew's wife Josephine who was dressed with a nice yellow gown and her hair up with braids on the side. Flowers were placed on both ends of her ears and her arms were covered by a silk white blanket.

"Morning Sir Padilla and Howell," She took Anthony's hand and placed a small peck on his knuckles. She walked up to Howell who was behind Anthony and gave him a gentle hug.

"Please come right this way, both of you!" Her voice was euphoric as she directed both of them to the performance location.

Anthony couldn't help but notice the beautiful infrastructure. The walls are plated with roman style pillars with flowers placed halfway on the concrete poles. There was candles lighting the beautiful palace and the ground was cold to the touch. The whole area had a warm brown tint to the lighting and Josephine's voice echoed throughout the wide hallway. Rambling about her love of Andrew and her excitement to see her son turn twenty-one in 5 days. They planned to have a getaway in Josphine's grandmother's house in Italy.