Chapter Nine: Anthony's Passing

The sun beat down onto Ian's face, amazed that Anthony was able to sleep through the beam of sunlight. Not waking up from the sudden dash of white light in his bedroom. Ian was wrapped around Anthony's body. His head on his shoulders. Anthony held him onto his waist. His curly hair falling perfectly on his tan face, him peacefully staying asleep. He slowly woke up from his slumber, stretching. Taking his coat Anthony probably placed on his chair, and carefully put each arm in their respective sleeves.

One of his maids clocked in for the day and saw him getting ready to leave. Ian greeted her a goodbye as he walked outside of the house, and saw Daisy tied again on the wooden fence. Jumping up realizing who was walking towards her.

"Shh Daisy, no need to be too excited, it's only me," Ian jumped on her back after untying her.

He caressed her beautiful well-maintained mane as he dashed off back into his palace. Hoping to greet his father with thanks and his mothers wonderful breakfast.

The cold air hitting Ian's face, feeling refreshed that he woke up next to the literal love of his life. Anthony, saying goodbye to the house and freedom he longed for. Finally right in front of him, able to enjoy every part of it.

-

Anthony's only maid Isabelle tried shaking Anthony awake. To her surprise, he became cold-still. She shook Anthony again and Anthony quickly arose from his slumber. His hair poked out in different directions. Anthony started to cough violently, until blood started to flow out of his mouth. His lips colored red and his dress shirt stained with his own blood.

"Anthony, you need a doctor!" Isabelle warned.

"I will be fine,"

"No you won't, let me get my family doctor. You stay here and rest,"

Isabelle motioned Anthony to lay down as she walked out of his bedroom. 

-

"It's your tuberculosis, Padilla" The family doctor looked over at Anthony.

"It's at its final course,"

"Will I be okay?" Anthony looked over at the doctor in plead.

"I'm afraid not," The doctor looked down at Anthony.

Anthony turned pale, blood all over the sheets from his coughing. The warm soup Isabelle cooked was sitting cold on his nightstand. Unable to help wash away the sickness. Isabelle looked over at Anthony without any hope for his life to continue.

Anthony slowly craned his head to her.

"I want to see Ian Hecox one last time,"

-

Ian was in his bedroom painting away. Trying to remember the night he had with Anthony. Sleeping on his shoulder before being carried away into his own bed. As a tired Ian sees him working away on his music, scrunched over scribbling down any thoughts left in his head. Before he drifted off into his own respective slumber. Feeling Anthony crawl into bed with him, as Ian cuddles close to Anthony. Afraid he will disappear into the night sky.

It's now one in the afternoon, he almost finished the last touches of his painting before setting it down in his vanity drawer to let dry. Until he heard a loud burst of the door opening. One of the maids looked distraught and in a hurry.

"Ian, I overheard. Your friend is dying," One of the maids looked at Ian who was sitting at his easel, finishing his painting.

"He's what, Mam?" Ian asked in certainty again.