Chapter Four: The Symphony

Anthony went back home after a long day out with his friend, Ian. He hung his coat on the hanger, and immediately saw the piano resting in his living room. Begging to be played again, so Anthony walked up to the piano. As he sat himself on the bench, he swiftly took out a piece of paper from his book bag that was resting on top of the white piano,  and placed the sheet on the piano  stand.

He started to play an A major, then shifted his hands next to a D major.

He paused for a moment.

He struck an E major seventh chord.

Finally, he was home.

The area he was playing in faded as he looked over to see Ian over by the cliff, looking at the ocean waves crashing down. Smelling the salty air as the wind hugged his body, feeling the cold shivers rush down to his fingertips from his spine. Of course, the main reason why Anthony started to compose,  was dressed in his beige colors once again. Standing pure as white, glowing like the wick from the candles Anthony burned to keep himself warm during the long winter nights.

The blue eyes that match the bright sky overlooking Wales, his hair falling slightly to the left of face, his glasses slipping from the bridge of the nose. Anthony turned to see he's right back into the palace again.

It could be him hallucinating, or the alcohol oozing down to his body. It doesn't matter to Anthony. As he's able to embrace the man he's fallen in love with.

Ian in so many ways was like Elise, his first love he lost during the smallpox epidemic. Her hair flowed through the wind like his, her eyes were the same shade of blue, and overall her smile was as pearly white as his. Anthony couldn't resist comparing the two, but if he was honest with himself. Anthony fell more in love with Ian as everyday passes by.

Unlike Elise, Ian was worth more than just one song, he was worth his own symphony. There's so much to write about, so much to work with, and it's only fair to give him something that was well his worth.

Anthony knew that for sure and struck another chord. F sharp minor.

He could imagine Ian in his arms, as Anthony danced around the ball room. Back into the place they first met, for the reason he was in the palace in the first place. Celebrating his twenty-first birthday. Ian's scent lingered into Anthony's head. The sweet lavender his mother planted outside the mansion Anthony's currently living in. The ocean water stench reminds him of when Elise and Anthony would have their walks along the shore.

It was all too familiar for Anthony.

Which is why he played a B minor seventh chord.

As he wallowed in how much Ian resembled Elise in the worst way possible. There was no happy ending for the both of them. He couldn't be seen with a man, especially his friend's son. The dynamic was wrong in many different directions, and was forbidden in so many ways. Yet Anthony is so willing to take any peril to have a chance to hold Ian in his arms. To never let him go, keeping him close to his heart like he should have done for Elise.

Ian was his sun on his gray days. When the fog came and went, he would always be there as the light. Anthony would be the moon, letting Ian rest as he overlooks him peacefully. Embracing the warmth Ian gave him. Glowing when Ian is only there. 

Ian is a dog during the slow nights, when Anthony couldn't sleep. Ian's resting peacefully under the sheets, soaking in every drop of love from the ones he surrounds. Anthony wouldn't mind, as he loves him unconditionally, whether society tells him it's wrong or not.

Knock.

Anthony froze in place, his hand still hovering over the keys. He closed the wooden lid of the white piano and slowly crawled his way to the door. Grabbing a crowbar from the fireplace and clinging on it for dear life. He made his way to the door as he turned the doorknob gradually until the knob went out of his reach.