The school bell rings, Akito managed to make it through class. He reviews his written words and takes a glance at his crush. She was staring at Toya through the classroom window, he didn't seem to notice her.  Akito sighed, pushing his pencil so hard it broke. He didn't want to bother to sharpen it, so he threw it away. His chest to heavy to put any meaningful effort into anything at the moment. He shut his notebook as he devised his plan. He'd befriend Toya, in an attempt to get closer with his crush.

Akito walked out of the classroom, barely awake, and entered Toya's. He stumbled over to Toya's desk. "Aoyagi-san, right?" Akito asked, putting on a façade. He already knew the answer. Toya looked up at him, his gaze intense. "Mm" He responded. Akito furrowed his brow before composing himself. He had to think of a way to get close to Toya. "I noticed you looking at me through the window... Do you want to eat lunch together tomorrow? I'd love to be friends." Akito smiled. He didn't realize he was giving away his alone time before it was too late.

Toya's eyebrows lifted slightly. He didn't respond, just stared into Akito's eyes awkwardly, his expression tense and unchanging. Akito grew a little frustrated. "Ah, I guess you made plans to eat with someone else then..? Makes sense since you're so popular..." Akito rambled. 'Does this guy think he's too good to eat with someone like me or something?' Akito thought as he put on a fake smile. "I guess I could..." Toya finally responds. Akito blinks before clearing his throat. "Alright, I'll see you then."

Akito says, feeling the gaze of a certain hall monitor. He knew it was An, and he refused to meet her gaze. Akito used to stop by Ken's Coffee shop a lot, however since the incident with the Vivids, he isn't really welcome there as Ken is An's dad. Akito bit his lip, his body shaking. His gaze remained glued to the floor as he walked past An yet again. "Akito..." She called out, concern filling her voice. Akito paused. "What is it now?" He asks, his voice husky and his façade fading away. An seemed hesitant. "You're taking care of yourself... Right?" she finally asks.

"Not that it should be any of your concern, but yes. I would be stupid to do otherwise." Akito lied, putting himself down. An frowned as she looked to the side. "You don't have to be such a jerk." An stated bluntly. Akito rolled his eyes as he walked away. He didn't have the strength to deal with this right now. His legs shakes as he walked through the crowded hallways of his school. Akito was popular for his athletic talent, but people avoided him thanks to his sour attitude. Akito felt his head pound as the loud noises of his peers filled his ears.

Akito felt his heart pound in his chest as his eyes met those of his crush. He felt his body finally give out, falling to the floor. His head was spinning as he felt the light in his eyes dwindle out into nothingness surrounded by the vision of noise. He ignored all of the warnings his body gave him, and he passed out because of it. He used the last bit of strength he had to reach his hand out to his crush before succumbing to unconsciousness. A feeling of peace washed over him as his body felt light.

Akito awoke, his vision still blurry as he got used to the bright light that laid above him. He looked up to see the face not of his crush, but Toya's instead. The harsh reality of life hit him like a brick as the previous pain from hunger and exhaustion crept back in. He had a brief moment of tranquility and he had forgotten how it felt. He winced in sudden pain. However, nothing hurt worse than the realization that his crush wasn't there. Toya's expression was stiff, only slightly softening. Apparently he had been in the library at the time.

It was Toya who had taken him to the nurse's office. Akito felt pathetic. Had he really stooped so low as to have to rely on someone arrogant like Toya to help him..? He slightly chuckled at the irony. Toya looked to the side. Akito wasn't sure why he was still there. Wouldn't someone like Toya have somewhere to be? School was practically over. Toya's phone ringed, Akito's head bursted at the sound. "I'm sorry I thought I had it on silent..." Toya says, his eyebrows tilted in towards his nose slightly.

Akito glanced at Toya's phone and saw his notifications. He squinted and saw the words "15 missed calls from 'Dad'." Akito jolted up. "How long have I've been here..?" Akito asked, wincing from the pain of hunger in stomach. Toya checked his phone. "Well... It's 18:05 right now, so it's been three or so hours..." Akito's eyes widened. God... He was so angry at himself. He wished he had just listened to his body... Though he knew he'd do it all over again anyway. Akito's stomach didn't agree with him, growling loudly.

Akito blushed in embarrassment. Toya's expression remained unchanged. "I am a little hungry myself... Do you want to go to a cafe or something together? If you can walk that is..." Toya asked softly. It seemed he hadn't eaten either... Akito didn't understand why Toya didn't just leave him there, they weren't that close anyway. "I'd love to, but money's kind of tight right now..." Akito said, he always took on a bunch of shifts at his job at a local boutique, however his sister had used all of his money before he could spend it on himself.

Toya pulled out his wallet, counting the money he had on him. "It's not much... But, I wouldn't mind paying." Toya offers. Akito furrows his brow in suspicion. "What are you after?" Akito asks crossing his arms. Toya tilts his head. "You barely know me... And yet you're being so nice, what do you want from me?" Toya fell silent. "Look I'm not going to take your money, so..." Akito was cut off. "You're the one who said you wanted to be friends with me... What kind of friend would watch their friend pass out on the hard floor and abandon them?" Toya asked, a hint of frustration seeped into his soft voice.

Akito seemed taken back. "Sorry. That may have been a little harsh..." Toya apologized genuinely. Akito shook his head. "No, you're right. I should be the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have assumed something like that." Akito sighed. "Oh..." Toya's eyes lifted up a bit, shining. He sighed and his face reverted to his normal state. "Well, do you still want to go?" Toya asked breaking the silence. "Yeah, if you don't mind..." Akito smiles softly. "Where is it you want to go?" He asks. "Well, there's this place I've heard a lot about recently. I've been meaning to try it out. It's called 'Ken's Cafe' I believe?" Toya replied, much to Akito's dismay.