19

Toya's Perspective:

Five days have past since Akito left for his trip with his family, he returned two days ago and he still hasn't returned any of Toya's texts or calls. Akito also avoided him at school, and hid from him during lunch. Toya is worried at this point, but he's also upset. Did Akito not take him seriously when he confessed to him? Or did Akito think Toya's feelings were so shallow that he was completely over them by now? Toya would have to find out for himself.

Toya wasn't sure how much more of this he could take. It wasn't just the plan that he found out about. He saw many detailed sketches in Akito's notebook, as well as a page venting all of his emotions. Feelings of emptiness and isolation. Toya noticed that the pencil markings were a bit faded, and it seemed Akito hadn't updated it in a while... But, still... Toya sent a text to Kohane, canceling the plans he had to meet up with her and An for the night. He had something else in mind.

According to An, Akito was avoiding her at school as well. That clever guy knew exactly where to hide, apparently. Toya didn't tell An, Kohane, or anyone else for that matter about Akito's plan. He wanted to ask him directly about it. Toya snuck out of his house silently, making sure he left no trace of his path. It was nighttime, so he doubted his father would go up to his room right now. Toya ran over to Akito's house as fast as he could. He figured it'd be awkward if he walked in through the front door...

Toya walked around a bit before catching a glimpse of Akito's figure through a window on the second story of his house. Toya sighed, he absolutely hated heights, but he hated the thought of not being able to talk to Akito even more. He took a deep breath before climbing up a tree by Akito's window. He tried his best to stay composed as he occasionally fell down. Eventually, Toya got to the top. Akito didn't seem to notice him. Toya saw Akito from his side, sitting in his chair with his knees pressed against his chin with a grey blanket wrapped around him.

Toya hesitantly reached for Akito's windowsill. His hand a bit shaky as he felt his body lean forward. He was terrified that he might fall. He lightly knocked on the window. Akito turned his head toward him and his eyes widened. Just the sight of Akito alone was enough to make Toya lose his balance. He slipped off the tree, his brain began to panic. Though, he didn't seem to fall. He glanced up to see Akito holding his wrist. His bruised hands seemed to have healed a bit. "What are you doing!? You could've got hurt!" Akito scolded as he pulled Toya inside his room.

Toya got a closer look at Akito's face. His eyes were swollen, red and puffy. This contrasted his beautiful green eyes. He was crying... Toya swallowed the lump in his throat as he handed Akito his notebook back. "What's the deal with that plan?" Toya finally managed to utter out, the look on Akito's face was pitiful. It was hard to watch. Akito took a deep breath as he looked to the side. "It's not what you think..." He replied softly, his usual tough exterior seemed to crumble.

"Not what I think..? Could you be more specific?" Toya questioned. He trusted Akito, but he found this hard to understand. The plan literally stated what Akito's intentions were. Akito trembled. "I'm sorry... That really was what it started out as..." He uttered looking down. Toya furrowed his brow. "But... I..!" Akito choked, tears streamed down his rosy cheeks. Toya's eyes widened as Akito looked up at him with his glassy eyes. "I hated it..! To see you with her... It hurt me so much..." Akito finally admitted through his thick tears.

Toya felt as if, in that moment, that a burden had been lifted from his shoulders. He put his hand on Akito's cheek as his eyes softened. "Akito, how do you think I felt..? Seeing you pining for that... Heartless stalker!" Toya's words left his mouth without his consent. He took his hand off of Akito's soft cheek and covered his mouth. Akito's hand was shaky as he put it on Toya's pulling his hand away from his mouth. "W-What..?" Akito looked at Toya seriously as tears still streaming down his porcelain face.

Toya went silent for a moment. Akito's serious expression didn't change despite his tears. Toya didn't mean to bring her into this... "Toya... I... What did she do to you..?" Akito's voice broke. Toya frowned. "...Are you sure you really want to know... You're willing to go to such great lengths just to be with her since you love her so much..." Toya said frustration lacing his voice, slightly fearing he wouldn't be believed. Akito frantically shook his head, his tears increased. He clasped the fabric of Toya's blue long sleeved shirt and looked him in the eye.

"Toya! I don't fucking love her anymore! I never did... I was just confused. I love you, you big idiot...!" Akito yelled, his voice raspy and his whole body was shaking. It took Toya a moment to process what Akito just said. Having to decipher his words through his gasps and sniffles. Once Toya finally got the message, his cheeks grew a light shade of pink. "What..?" Toya nearly whispered, shock coursing through his body. Akito threw himself onto Toya, causing him to fall backwards into Akito's bed.

Toya felt his heart race as he felt the bed recoil him and Akito upward, and then back down again. Akito sure kept his bed nice and comfortable... Akito was on top of him, his tears dripped from his eyes and onto Toya's face. Toya marveled at the beautiful sight in front of him. He crept his hand on Akito's cheek, wiping his tears. "I'm so selfish... I'm sorry. I know you're better off with Kohane, she's sweet, actually smart, and she has potential..." Akito nearly choked out.

Toya felt something snap within him. His patience wearing thin, he flipped Akito around before pressing his lips against his. It wasn't a long kiss or anything, but it was passionate, neither one of them wanted to pull away. Akito's lips were soft, well kept just like the rest of him. Toya let out a soft chuckle as he pulled away. The frustration seemed to disappear as he saw the look on Akito's face. Toya's face heated up a bit, but he remained eye contact with the wide-eyed boy beneath him.

"I disagree. While you may be right that Kohane's sweet, but..." Toya leaned in a little closer. "You're determined, passionate, smart, straightforward, stubborn, beautiful, like extremely beautiful, talented-" Toya was cut off by Akito's finger pushed up to his lips. "Alright... I get it..." Akito sighed, his face a deep red. Toya held Akito's hand to keep it up to his face and sat up, their positions changing to sitting. Toya kissed Akito's hand and cuddled his hand against it.

He saw as Akito grew more and more embarrassed. "I really don't think that you do..." Toya said softly. "...What do you mean..?" Akito furrowed his brow. Toya found it cute how Akito's nose wrinkled and his eyes narrowed in confusion. "You put yourself last. Even though you deserve the world..." Toya whispered in Akito's ear planting a kiss on his cheek. "I..! I guess you're right..." Akito huffed wiping his tears. "But... I really want to know. What did that girl do to you?" Akito asked softly.