the melody of us! pt. 1 ✩ minjae

✨✏️✨

You layed your head on the window as you saw streets that you've passed by many times in your life there.

Your placement was a bit awkward since you had headphones on but you didn't mind much. they didn't help that stupid melody that rang in your head 24/7.

The stupid 24/7 melody that would never leave you, as said by the school authorities and government or anybody you've encountered in your life.

Surely you were fascinated by this thing that you and everyone were born with as known as the "soulmate tune." and boy, many library searches later and learning about it at school was crazy.

It was tune, a melody even, that you shared with your soulmate ( and no one else ) as they are assigned to you by... who knows what, your parents? the government? the gods? the universe? those suspicious ducks you saw last week?

Well you didn't care cause it was stupid to you.
but you dealt with it, quite bitterly.

The bus doors opened, as a voice spoke of "Bus Stop 114, Field Daisy Lane! next stop Wild Goose Road! leave or come aboard!" and you glanced at the door of a boy who came aboard the bus.

He caught your eye a bit as he was kinda cute.
though as you stared more, you saw that he was coming your way as he scanned his bus card, so you darted your eyes from him to the street.

Feeling a presence beside you, you glanced over and saw him put his bag on his lap, possibly lookin for something, before his eyes looked up and at you.

You felt an awkward feeling quicky come up your stomach, like an arrow shot at you as he stared confusingly at you.

❝ Hey- ❞

❝ I'm sorry! ❞

And silence came over you both.

❝ Um.. it's fine? whatever it is, but I like your bag, it's cute. ❞ he says, making you glance down at you bag that layed by you.

❝ Oh.. oh! thanks, I like yours too, it's pretty. ❞ you mumbled, as you were quite embarrassed by the other interaction.

He let out a chuckle before he glanced up at your eyes and you sure they lit up for a second. he went to his bag and pulled out a keychain that looked awfully familiar.

❝ Is this yours by any chance? ❞ he asks as he held your keychain that use to hang from your bag.

It wasn't that special of an item, but it was a keychain you found after work, and thinking it was cute, you kept it. but after you lost it, you felt a little stressed since you had it for quite awhile, and hoped it'll show up to you somehow.

I guess this is the somehow.

❝ I lost that a few weeks ago! I was looking for it everywhere. thank you so much. ❞ you say as he passes it to you.

how did he know it was mine?

You pushed the thought aside, maybe he was a customer that you can't remember, ❝ Of course. ❞ he says with a shy smile, before his focus sets to the stop of the bus.

❝ This is your stop right? ❞ he asks.

You were taken aback a bit as you were only like an inch from your seat of getting up.

maybe he's just quick at noticing his surroundings? can't relate.

You get up from your seat, grabbing your bag and phone, ❝ Yeah, it was nice meeting you... uhm- ❞

❝ Minjae, and yeah, it was nice seeing you too Y/N. I hope I'll see you more often. ❞

You just nodded as you scanned off the bus, and going down the steps before turning your head slightly to the door, and you were for sure, completely sure..

You saw him stare at you with a sly smile as the door close shut.

⋆☙⋆

LATE ON THIS BUT XIKERS ARE HAVING A COMEBACK AND THE TEASER PHOTOS OMFGGGGGG I'M SO EXCITEDDDDDD