xkrtropes :) ✩ hyunwoo

✨✏️✨

( happy ending ) romantic trope? ➵
neighbors ( bxd if you will )

Hyunwoo's eyes averted to the other house, watching carefully at every movement. a door opening, the window shuffling, the snow falling off the roof, everything and anything that could cause someone to walk out the house right next door.

The house that was occupied by a small family. a family that was yours.

You probably think he sounds insane, and you're right. he thought so too.

But there was legitimately.. no other option.

To him at least.

But honestly, what do you expect from the introvert who never leaves the house, can't make eye contact with people when they speak, twiddles their thumbs 24/7 and starts panicking when force to order something?

Well that's Choi Hyunwoo for you. ( sorry king )

He noticed who you were as soon as you transfered to his school. he noticed how you were quite outgoing, a social butterfly if you will, and made friends... well not easily, but people liked you and acknowledge your presence as someone who he inspired to be.

And now he sounded like a pathetic nerdy school girl who inspired to be the popular pretty girl- ok this was getting nowhere, where was I?

As yes, Hyunwoo, well he- wait... where he go?

❝ Ok if I just throw the bag at a perfect 90 degree angle with an acceleration of 15 m/s/s then maybe I can... FUCK! ❞ the door of the other's house swung open causing him to panic, almost slipping on his step.

His eyes shut, trying to catch the door frame yet thinking he'd hit the ground from impact. but nothing happened. his eyes opened and saw someone hold his hand before him.

He let out a soft exhale as he noticed how you were struggled to hold him up.

❝ When your mom said you were awkward and clumsy, I didn't think she meant it at this level.. ❞ a laugh escaped your lips as you pulled him up. he wobbled a bit while trying to stand on his two feet, as his hand rested on the doorframe in an awkward manner.

❝ The name's Y/N, if you didn't know already. And I already know yours, Hyunwoo right? not to be nosy but I overheard our moms talking over the phone and she kinda mentioned you... ❞ and thank god you were looking down because he felt his face heat up immediately. and he definitely didn't want you to see that.

He then began to backed to the door, still with the garbage bags in his hands,  ❝ That's n-nice but h-how.. when.. you get here... where... from how? HUH?!? ❞ his other hand wavering over the door knob, shaking it slightly.

You point over to the fence, ❝ Pretty fast runner, best at my old school, not to brag or anything... and that thing that we call a fence ain't that hard to jump over. I mean no offense, but it's pretty old and sturdy soo... ❞

❝ But uhm.. I just always saw you in school but everytime I try to talk to you, you're always never there.. and I never knew you were my neighbor! no wonder you looked so familiar too... ❞ you muttered the last part with a squint before continuing.

❝ Anyways, since I have a good view of your house from my window, I just wanted to stop by say hi, but I guess I should've known how'd you act... ❞ you say with twiddled thumbs before you took a step back, expecting to walk away before could start he freaking out more then he already was.

But when you looked back at the door, he was already gone. except the trash bags that sat near the door.

great, you scared him off again. maybe you were being too upfront? talking too much? made him feel so guilty even if it's not his fault? ALL OF THE ABOVE?

The door swung open again and revealed the heavy breathing boy with a slightly fixed up pen in his hand, ❝ You.. for.. forgot.. wait let me catch my breath for a sec! unlike you, it's been awhile since I've ran for something not P.E related... ❞ the boy squat down with heavy breaths before lifting his hand up, handing it to you.

❝ Oh my gosh... thank you! I really was wondering where it went.. ❞ you say before putting it your hoodie. ❝ Can I repay any way or- ❞

❝ No!! I mean n-no it's fine I just... ❞ and he glanced up with a deep exhale before he saw you take the garbage bag from the floor ( that he should have thrown away like 5 minutes ago ) and dusting your hands off as you put in the trash.

You shrugged, ❝ What can I say? we are neighbors afterall. ❞

⋆☙⋆
A/N

also I SWEAR I'm not pointing fingers at my boy Hyunwoo cause I'm an introvert ( INFP twins ayooo ) too so it's just me calling myself out 😭😭 ( and cause I got like 96% introvertness on the mbti test so COUGH COUGH )

also late late merry christmas and happy new year hooray congratulations on making it to the end of 2023 y'all 🥳🥳 and 2024... praying that's it's gonna be a good year for us 😭😭