Nightmare Comfort

Thank you, scotchiix for the request! Hope you enjoy!

Andrew sat on the girl's chest as she tried to shove him off of her. He had a tight grasp around her neck and he slowly tightened his grip. His eyes were empty. He didn't feel anything. The little girl had finally stopped squirming. She laid there lifeless and he got out a butcher knife. He had it to make sure that she was permanently dead. He stabbed her in the chest multiple times until he grew exhausted. He panted and he got on his feet. Tears filled his eyes as the girl turned into dust. Ashley made him do this. Why did he have to kill his best friend? They were so close but Ashley gave him no choice. He couldn't help but sob. He was shaking and crying until he was pulled away by darkness.

Andrew shot up and he wiped his teary eyes. He was still shaking pretty bad. His breathing was fast and he felt sick. You were half awake and you gently touched his back. "What happened?" you mumbled and he shook his head. "Nightmare," he replied and he ran his fingers through his hair. He turned to you and he laid his face in your shoulder. You shook your head with a soft smile and you kissed his head. "It's okay. The nightmare's over," you whispered and he hugged you tightly. He was really upset but he didn't want to burden you with his problems. "I'm alright now," he mumbled with a shaky voice. "Baby! You're not okay! I can make you some hot chocolate," you replied and you kissed his head again. He sighed but he let you get up and make him his comfort drink.

You came back after a moment and you gave him a cup of fresh hot chocolate. He kissed your nose, which made you laugh a bit. He took a sip and he stuck his tongue out. "No offense but how did you make this?" he asked and you tilted your head. "I used water. Doesn't everyone?" you asked and he scoffed. "You...I don't even know what to say," he replied and you looked more confused. "Why would you use water? Using milk is so much better," he finished and you scoffed. "We'll, I was raised to just use water," you mumbled. He pouted and he got up. "I'll make it myself," he said and he went to the kitchen. You huffed and you decided to follow him. "I don't know why you want it that way. You're not a picky guy," you mumbled and you hugged him from behind. He sighed and he gently pushed you off of him. You backed away and you looked down. Was he mad at you? What did you do? You sighed and you stood beside him.

He finished making himself a cup of hot chocolate and he started making another. "I'm sorry," you whispered and you wiped away the tears forming in your eyes. "Whatever," he replied. You sighed and you decided to go back to bed. You didn't understand why he was mad. You were sure that you didn't do anything wrong. Was he just aggravated? You buried you face into your pillow until he walked back inside the room. He slid back in and he hugged you from behind. You sighed angrily and you got out of his arms. "I'm sleeping on the couch," you said and you walked out with angry tears in your eyes. You noticed the cup on the counter and you decided to go ahead and drink it. "Hm, this isn't bad. It's really good," you said after a few sips and you drank more of it. You felt a weight on your head and your mood soured. "Get the hell off of me," you grumbled but he didn't listen. "I'm sorry baby," he mumbled. You sighed and you tried to elbow him in his stomach. "I don't care how hard you hit me. I'm not letting you go," he mumbled and you rolled your eyes.

Once you finished it he let go of you. You turned around and he hugged you once again. You tried to shove him away but he held you tighter. "Hey the fuck off of me, Andrew!" you yelled and he let you go. He looked worried and sort of scared. "Just stay the fuck away from me right now," you grumbled. He sighed and he shook his head. "Baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't know why but I...I had memories of Ashley," he mumbled and you sighed. "It's fine but I want to be alone," you replied and he wanted to protest but he kept his mouth shut. "I'll sleep on the couch then, so you can get sleep," he said after a moment. "It doesn't matter. I'll just sleep on the couch," you replied and you got one of your extra warm blankets. He nodded and he pulled you in for a hug. He kissed your forehead and he whispered another apology. He went back to your room and you laid on the couch.

In the morning, he was hugging you from behind as you made breakfast. "No offense dear, but I need more freedom. You're making it kind of hard to cook," you said and he huffed. "No. I was extremely lonely last night. I need to hold you," he replied, followed by a kiss to your neck. You rolled your eyes with a smile and continued to cook. "Did you like the hot chocolate last night?" he asked and you shrugged. "It was okay," you replied. "Baby, I know that tone. You liked it a lot," he said and you scoffed. "How dare you!" you "yelled" and he laughed. "It was really good, okay?" you mumbled and you pouted. He smiled and he kissed your cheek. He buried his face into the crook of your neck. "I love you," he said after a few moments as he lifted up his head. You spaced out before he said what he did. He blinked a few times and he unwrapped his arms from around your waist. You didn't notice until you smelt something burning. You snapped out of it and cut the stove off.

You spent the next 45 minutes remaking everything since it all burnt. Andrew laid his head on your shoulder and you looked up at him. He looked like he had been crying. "What's wrong?" you asked and he started laughing. "Sorry. It was for a stupid reason," he replied and he hugged you again. "It's not stupid," you said and he shook his head. "I was crying because you didn't say you loved me back," he replied and you smiled a little. "Oh I'm sorry! It's because I spaced out," you mumbled and he smiled. "I know. I didn't know until you snapped out of it," he said and he kissed your cheek. "You know, somehow hot chocolate using milk is better than using water," you muttered and he grinned. You two had a nice breakfast and you two did other things as well after.