9화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

Jaeyun wasn't having it every time Mr. Cha reminded him of his upcoming "meet up" with Lee Heeseung. He particularly enjoyed teasing Jaeyun because he would always emphasize how they'd be going as friends. Friends.

Yeah, Heeseung might believe that's what Jaeyun wants but Mr. Cha saw right through him, he knew Jaeyun for over a year now, so of course he noticed how the tiniest glint of hope shone in Jaeyun's eyes.

But that's all there was to it. That glint of hope disappeared after just a few seconds because he was immediately reminded of him. Which made Jaeyun saddened and Mr. Cha as well.

Mr. Cha was just glad that it was over now and that Jaeyun would be healing sooner. He knew how much Jaeyun liked him and how he struggled to always give him what he wanted. Even when he had to get up early to work the next day or when he wasn't feeling too well, he always complied.

So on Saturday, Jaeyun called Sunghoon over to spend the day together again, and of course, tell him about the upcoming event he was invited to.

It looked like Jaeyun hadn't had a cleaning attack again this week so Sunghoon was grateful he felt better. Either way, after all that cleaning a week back the place still looked good as new.

"You called just in time Jakeuu, I was just about to text Sunoo to meet up. You stole me away from
him," Sunghoon wiped an imaginary tear from
his eye.

Jaeyun laughed, "stop being so dramatic! You see him everyday, just for today I needed to have my best friend to tell him all the crazy news. And believe me, they are crazy."

Sunghoon popped open a can of soda and started eating popcorn.

"So, what happened? It isn't about him, right? He hasn't tried to contact you again, right?"

Jaeyun shook his head, "definitely not. It's got to do with, um, a certain guy that I stitched up some weeks back..."

Sunghoon's face was of pure joy.

"You finally gave him your number, didn't you?!?! Ah, I knew you'd bend at some point!!! He grew on you, didn't he?! Didn't he?!" Sunghoon giggled.

Jaeyun blushed a little.

"It wasn't like that! Gosh, you jump to conclusions way too fast!"

Sunghoon laughed loudly.

"But you did give him your number."

Jaeyun was cornered.

"Well, yes," Sunghoon cackled, "But! It wasn't like that. He invited me to this event his company has every special date where they organize fun activities and a dinner afterwards. He said we could go as friends and that he hoped we could get to know each other better, and at first I declined."

Sunghoon sighed disappointedly. "Why am I not surprised?"

Jaeyun had a stern face, "well I work on Fridays, he knows but he still went and asked me. I wanted to use that as an excuse to kindly say no, but Mr. Cha suddenly appeared and said there would be some redesigning happening on the second level that exact day. Meaning that I have the afternoon off and therefore I had no excuse to decline Heeseung's offer..."

Sunghoon laughed very loudly at Jaeyun's last statement.

"Come on Jakeuu, if you had actually not wanted to go, you would have found some way to say no. You actually, actually want to go, don't ya?"

Jaeyun squirmed in his seat. He sometimes forgot how well Sunghoon knew him. He sometimes wondered if Sunghoon knew him better than he knew himself.

"Whatever. It's not a date and he knows it. End of the story."