14화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

"How long have you been working here?" Heeseung asked once they finished eating and were cleaning up the table.

"About 10 months, give or take," Jaeyun answered.

"Do you like working here?"

Jaeyun thought that would be a hard question to answer, but he surprised himself by answering quickly.

"I do. Sure, sometimes the students get on my nerves but I like knowing that I help them and that they know they can count on me."

Heeseung smiled, "they get on your nerves? How?"

Jaeyun himself smiled, "they're shameless, they constantly ask for my personal contact information and sometimes even fake being ill just to come here."

Heeseung laughed a little, "competition, huh? I better get in line then."

Jaeyun almost choked with his own saliva. That comment caught him off guard, but then again almost everything that Heeseung said did.

"Why is it that almost everything that comes out of your mouth is shameless flirting?" Jaeyun asked holding back a smile.

Heeseung was enjoying this conversation. But he knew and he had promised that that day, everything related to their 'date' would be strictly friendly.

He'd get back to this conversation some other time.

"I guess it's just how you make me feel," Heeseung saw the utter shock in Jaeyun's face and knew he had to back up three steps so Jaeyun was still comfortable with him.

"But it won't happen again today. Like we said, friends."

Jaeyun was even more surprised.

He expected Heeseung to keep being his flirty self, even though he had said he would comply to Jaeyun's set boundaries.

He expected him to be sarcastic or something about Jaeyun asking the date to be friendly. But the way Heeseung said that last sentence, there was no sign of hostility nor sarcasm.

Jaeyun always expected Heeseung to be like him, but Heeseung only reminded him how different he was.

Jaeyun let out a sigh, coming out shaky due to the adrenaline of being flustered. He looked Heeseung in the eyes, "thanks..."

Heeseung was now left speechless. He didn't know what to answer, or if he had to answer, or if he could. And Jaeyun looking at him like that did not help his also flustered state.

"Let's get going then, I still need to shower and get ready for the event," Jaeyun said breaking the eye contact.

Heeseung shook out of his trance and nodded, "y-yeah, yeah. Let's go."

————

Once they arrived at Jaeyun's apartment—after he guided Heeseung to it—Jaeyun got off the car and was about to head inside, but noticed Heeseung didn't turn off the engine.

Jaeyun neared the pilot's window and knocked on it.

Heeseung rolled down the window.

"Aren't you coming in?"

Heeseung hesitated, "I mean, I wasn't invited in. I'm not saying that as a complaint, either! Um, what I'm trying to say is that—

Jaeyun giggled and Heeseung stopped talking.

"So you were going to stay in the car while I got ready?"

Heeseung was embarrassed. He stroked the back of his neck and looked away.