21화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

Jaeyun was 10 minutes early. He got ready way too fast and went to the nearest bus stop to get to the restaurant as soon as possible. He didn't know what he would say to Heeseung once he arrived, but he was just really excited to see him.

'This is kind of familiar,' Jaeyun thought. It had been 5 minutes since he arrived and there was still no Heeseung.

Then his paranoid mind started taking over. He stood there in front of the restaurant with his hands intertwined behind his back. He paced, and then stood still again, and then paced again, glancing at his phone every few seconds.

10:00 a.m. and still no sign of Heeseung. Jaeyun started thinking that he wouldn't show up, that maybe he had thought it was a dream and kept sleeping or something. Then he wondered if he had been dreaming, so he opened the chat and saw the texts were there. It wasn't a dream, it had been real.

Then he thought, what if something had happened to him while on his way? What if he had a car accident? Should he call him to check everything's okay? But if he wasn't in an accident and just driving, then Jaeyun could cause him to be in an accident by calling him.

He was internally panicking with every possible scenario while looking around. He decided to just do the call. The line ringed two times before there was an answer.

"Hello?"

"Sunghoon, what if he doesn't come?!"

"Who doesn't go where?"

"Heeseung. I asked him to have breakfast
with me and we agreed to meet ten minutes ago
but he's still not here... what if he doesn't come?!"

"Wait Ja–"

"I knew it... I drove him away with my drunk self
Damn it, I ruined everything again..."

"Jaeyun, he's right behind you."

"Huh? What do you mean Sunghoon?"

"Just turn around."

"Turn around?"

Jaeyun did as told, skeptical of his best friend's words, because how the fuck would he tell him what to do if he wasn't there with him? But he turned around and a smiling Heeseung in casual clothes with his phone to his ear came into view.

Jaeyun hadn't called Sunghoon, he had called Heeseung.

"Sorry if I made you worry, I got stuck in traffic. There was a small collision that held me back for a bit," Heeseung explained still smiling.

"It's alright, I didn't worry that much," lied Jaeyun with a gentle smile on his face.

Heeseung nodded as if Jaeyun hadn't just bombarded him with paranoid questions.

"Let's go, you must be hungry," Jaeyun said and opened the door for Heeseung.

"What a gentleman," Heeseung smiled.

Jaeyun just giggled and followed Heeseung inside.

They went to the second floor of the building where a balcony stood. It had plants all around, the morning city was visible from there and the table was for only two people.