15화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

Jaeyun was actually impressed.

Heeseung didn't bring justice to the size and quality of the event the company he worked for organized. Turns out the 'special occasion' that led the event was the anniversary of the CEO being the CEO, so of course it was a big deal.

There were at least a thousand people attending and it was early. Literally only 4:10 p.m. and there were already that many people there. Jaeyun was very impressed and it showed.

Heeseung smiled knowingly at him. "I guess I forgot to mention it was a big event. I hope it's not too overwhelming for you Jaeyun."

Jaeyun looked at him, his face a little bit pale, "I mean, how can you forget to mention that there'll be more than the amount of people I've met in my entire life all huddled up in one hotel? And like, that it's the CEO's anniversary?"

Heeseung couldn't help but giggle.

"Sorry, I was just nervous because you said you would come."

Jaeyun let out a sigh and smiled. "No, it's okay. I'll be fine, no need to worry about it."

Heeseung offered his arm for Jaeyun to link his with, receiving a raised eyebrow from the latter.

"So I won't lose you, once we find an activity you want to participate in we can let go."

Jaeyun shook his head smiling; he linked his right arm with Heeseung's left one and off they went in search of a fun activity to be a part of.

An hour later, both had participated in at least three different activities, and to Jaeyun's surprise they gave rewards to those who excelled. He now had a buffet dinner for two all-paid in that luxurious hotel's restaurant. Heeseung on the other hand had won a spa day at a famous clinic that was said to be the best one in the whole district.

He was feeling strange and anxious because none of his coworkers had showed up yet. But he was secretly glad they were nowhere to be seen, or he'd have to introduce Jaeyun and bare whatever awkward comments they might make.

At least that's what he expected to happen, he had already mentally prepared himself for that worst case scenario but once the two met Heeseung's coworkers, nothing like that happened. They were all nice and welcoming towards Jaeyun and asked him a bunch of questions about his career choice.

Jaeyun seemed pretty relaxed around them, probably because of his friendly personality but Heeseung was still glad.

One of his coworkers, a guy named Jay that was a bit younger than Heeseung, pulled him to the side a little to ask him something privately.

"Hey! That's your so called 'friendly' date?! Dude! You pulled!" Jay whisper yelled.

Heeseung opened his eyes like the full moon, "shhh!! Hey, it's not like that today, okay? I thought I told you guys this already."

Jay was still amazed but he was a considerate guy, "Yeah, we know, but you have to be smart about this, he looks like a really good guy and he's very easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean."

Jay raised his brow and provoked a laugh to come out form Heeseung. Out of all his coworkers, Jay was the one he was closest with.

"I know, okay? I do, but he's been going through a hard time and I don't want to rush him into anything and make him uncomfortable. I'll just be his friend, a shoulder he can lean on. For now, that's enough for me."

Jay nodded in understanding. He looked behind Heeseung and then back at him and nodded again.

"Hey, we're gonna check out some more activities. Jay's been wanting to win those movie tickets so he can invite the college student he's been after."