17화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

The ride back was long. At least half an hour of long lines and many red lights had made it so tardy. Jaeyun thought a lot about his hair. He could see his reflection in the rearview mirror and he couldn't avoid seeing the dark brown roots almost two centimeters long.

His hair in general was also getting too long. Maybe he would trim it a little on Saturday. Should he bleach the roots once more? His train of thought was stopped by Heeseung telling him something.

"Jaeyun, I wanted to say that I'm really happy that you came with me tonight. Thank you for keeping me company. I hope you enjoyed tonight."

Of course Jaeyun enjoyed it. He was out of his constant routine of working every week day and cleaning every weekend. And he had fun.

"Thank you for inviting me. Truth is I did want to come when you first asked me, but I didn't want to show it I guess. The meals were delicious and the event was really nice. Thanks, Heeseung."

Heeseung smiled at him and it sent a strange feeling to Jaeyun's chest. But he didn't want to acknowledge it. It was still too soon.

Heeseung stopped the car in front of Jaeyun's place and quickly went to open the door for the latter again.

"We've arrived, Sim Jaeyun," Heeseung bowed his head a little and Jaeyun giggled.

"Why, thank you Lee Heeseung. I had a great time today," Jaeyun said while getting off the car.

This time, Heeseung followed Jaeyun to his door, not with the intention of getting in, just to accompany him.

"Jaeyun..." a voice that was not Heeseung's said.

Jaeyun knew who it belonged to. He knew it all too well.

He looked to his right and there, just a few meters from the two, was Lee Sunjae.

Jaeyun was frozen in place. What the hell was he doing there? And just after he had the best night in a long while. He sure knew how to ruin Jaeyun's day with only his presence.

Jaeyun forced himself to speak.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Sunjae felt the harshness and flinched. Jaeyun hadn't looked at him well until now, and he looked awful.

"I, I went to the clinic earlier looking for you, but it was closed. So I came here because you're always home. You used to always be home."

Jaeyun was getting angry. He wasn't always home. And Sunjae never cared enough to notice. He walked towards him and stopped four feet away from him.

"No, Sunjae. I didn't use to always be home, I used to cancel all my plans just in case you'd call me or stop by."

He didn't, or more like couldn't, say anything else.

"I thought I left very clear that I didn't want to see you ever again," Jaeyun mumbled.

Heeseung was behind the blond, waiting just in case things escalated. He was really glad he didn't listen to Jaeyun and brought him home himself. Who knows what could've happened if Jaeyun arrived all alone.

Sunjae directed his attention to Heeseung and then back at Jaeyun.

"I know you said that, but I've been unable to stop thinking about you since I last saw you. It's tearing me apart."

Jaeyun was two more pushes from starting a rampage. He breathed in deeply and calmed himself just a little bit, "you see Sunjae, there's this tiny problem. I can't even look at you without feeling incredibly angry. And the more I try to push it deep inside me, the more it arouses. I'm not even sad about the way you treated me anymore while we were...whatever we were. Now I'm just so...mad."