chapter one ─ a "race" to the schoolhouse

act one , chapter one

act one , chapter one ... a "race"
to the schoolhouse !

( spring , nineteen ninety-nine ! )

( now playing ... negative
creep ─ nirvana ! )

── ✧ ──

" DO YOU NEED ME TO DRIVE THE CAR ?
BECAUSE I WILL ! LET'S GO ! "

ALTHOUGH ELVIRA WAS NOT LOOKING FORWARD to going to this new school, one thing was for certain. She did not want to be late. First impressions for her were always very important and she did not need to set a bad one going into the hellhole that was called Padua High School. She's standing right by the door waiting, eating the last piece of toast that was from her plate. Waiting for Salem to come to the front door. You could tell that both of them has definitely lost track of the time. The younger sibling tapping her foot impatiently. But she finally hears the older one's footsteps coming from the kitchen toward the front door. But from across the hall, Salem tosses the keys to her, with Elvira barely catching them.

"Start the car," Salem tells his younger sister, "If you drive, Mom would kill me."

"She doesn't have to know," Elvira replies back, "Are you ready to go or not?"

"No, tiny genius!" Salem grumbled, "That's why I'm telling you to start the car!"

Elvira audibly groans, before practically pivoting toward the front door and leaving out of it so that they could start the car. They unlock the car door before opening it, throwing their backpack into the backseat before getting into the passenger side. She decides to remain in the car and waits for her older brother come out. They look at the cassettes that are in it. Various albums are in the arm rest of the car.

She digs into it, trying to find an album. It's Salem's car, so it mostly has bands like The Smiths, The Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and Sisters of Mercy. But Elvira has her own share of tapes that she kept in there.

"No. . . No. . . Absolutely not," She mumbles as she's looking through the tapes. She keeps looking for a tape.

She then eventually pulls out Nirvana's Bleach, an album that she really enjoys. She makes sure that there isn't another tape in the deck. When there isn't one, she puts the tape in, and when it starts, they turn the volume up, leaning back into their seat as they listened to it.

Moments later, Salem eventually comes rushing out of the house. Elvira watches him go from the garage to the car. She looks away before her older brother opens the car door. He gets in, his nose scrunching up at the music that Elvira decided to play.