chapter six ─ all the bark and all the bite

act one , chapter six

act one , chapter six ...
all the bark and all the bite !

( spring , nineteen ninety-nine ! )

( now playing ... fast and
frightening ─ L7 ! )

── ✧ ──

LIZZIE HAD LOOKED AT SALEM , AN APOLOGETIC look on her face as she eventually slides the empty lunch tray toward her. The other three didn't know she was actually going to hit him with it, even though Salem has warned them to not give her the tray. It was inevitable at that point. When Elvira grabbed it, the first thing she did was wack him in the stomach. Oohs trailing the whole cafeteria. It makes Joey lean forward in pain, and when he does, Elvira wacks him in the face. Some laughs were heard through the cafeteria due to Joey getting beat up by a sixteen year old Australian girl.

He eventually had dropped the walkman that he had taken from her in the first place. The walkman had popped open, revealing the L7 cassette tape that was on there. Elvira closes it, picks it up, passes it to Salem, and finishes hitting Joey with the lunch tray. Anger just washed over her. She was already sick of everything, and it had only been her second day at padua high. She knew that she was going to get looked at as crazy, but she didn't care. She just wanted to take her anger out on him.

He was only the floor basically in the fetal position. Elvira could tell that he couldn't take anymore, but for some reason, she just kept hitting. When Salem realized that she wouldn't stop, he stood up and took the lunch tray from her hands, carrying her off before matters can get entirely worse. She tried to fight Salem off, but by the time they left the cafeteria, she had given up. He finally puts her down, and expression on his face that looked like surprise and pissed at the same time.

'What the hell is your deal? You didn't have to do all that!' Salem wrote.

"That imbecile with the greasy hair had it comin'!" Elvira growled, "He's been spewing misogynistic hate and almost everyone believes that shit!"

Salem wrote on the notepad again before flipping it over. 'Tell me the whole truth.'

"That is the truth! How could people just take what he says into consideration? Let alone have other girls falling for him? It's sick!" Elvira explained, "He's been throwing taunts at me since I got here!"

'Mom's gonna be real pissed when she finds out you've done this,' Salem writes down, 'I just hope that they don't give you detention. But I doubt it.'

"They can give it to me. I don't care," Elvira grumbled, "He deserved what he got."

The door that they were nearby had opened. Both of the siblings look, Salem with a worried look and Elvira with a slightly calm one. Joey is the one who enters it with two other adults, Mrs. Perky and someone who looked like the school nurse.